Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Chris Powell/ Anyone tried his diet?

Has anyone tried Chris Powells low carb high carb diet? I'm thinking about getting his book, i loved his show. It was so motivating so i thought his book can't be disappointing.

Anyone?

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    as presented on Dr OZ?
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Read his book and found some of it useful, but nothing related to eating. Frankly, the food side of it didn't seem to be particularly informative.
  • I have several friends that have done the carb cycling program and it has been very effective. I am not trying to lose weight but just maintain and his protein shakes are very good for both losing and maintaining and they are very good.
  • ninnysgirls
    ninnysgirls Posts: 16 Member
    Where did you find his protein shakes?
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Get his new book and I have been doing his carb cycling and I love it and not getting many craving. Went to two parties this month and still lost and ate with in reason, and diary it all. lose over 30 lbs in 5 weeks. My hubby over 45 lbs.
    Its a diet you can do for life. weight lifter have been doing carb cycling forever. I love it. feel satisfied.
    But get his new book, old one is outdated and his new book really gives you options.
    High carb days and low carb days..
    I have my bread , pasta and desert, but make better choices..
    Give it a try, it might work for you.
    Anita
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    havent looked at it.

but do you think you can go low carb for the rest of your life?