How to lose excess weight quickly (temporarily and SAFELY)

Options
13»

Replies

• nika_bolinhos
    Options
    Drink a lot of water or green tea. Summer time now is a good to have green tea as substitute the water in the bottle you might carry around, also keep a jar in the fridge. Make it a home, its healthier than buying those horrid bottled things.
    Go for long walks, and try to walk or cycle to places whenever you can, instead of taking public transportation or your car, it's a small thing that can make a difference in your fitting in a small dress scenario. Swimming is a great way to go as well and go for some sauna time to help you to get rid of the water excess, I would try and fit the sauna on the same day as the wedding as well. Other than that keep a low sodium and low carb diet. Keep away from grains, they make you bloat a lot, just think of farm animals and how they feed them grain when they want them to get a lot of weight really fast...don't do the same to yourself :)

Another thing you can do is to go for one of those detox juices things, I know some people who tried the Ritual Cleanse program, the ones who managed to go all the way got impressive results, I couldn't do that myself, I'm a meat fiend and need to chew on things daily.

Good luck, I hope you look fantastic in that dress, post some pictures for us to see ;)
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    This a successful quick fix, seriously temporary. But I lost 3lbs of water in 1 day. The day before the event, drink LOTS of water. Spread throughout the day. Eat normally, just moderately and lightly. Have an epsom salt bath as hot as you can stand in the evening. Stay in hot bath 20-30 mins. Get out, wrap up warm, keep drinking water, and basically let yourself sweat out all your excess water. If you can't find epsom salts, make your own easily (google it).

As you still have 10 days, I would just exercise like mad and eat clean and drink loads of water, and you might lose a couple of lbs of fat too, then if it is only water bloat stopping the dress zipping up, try the above the day before. You'll be fine. If the dress has fitted you, it will again! All the best :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Shakes head lol did this to myself at prom had to get a new dress i was able to wear the other the following year though
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Protein, lean protein. Cut carbs out! no sugar, no fruit, just vegetables, chicken and fish. It really helps you lose water, won't hurt you, as long as you drink lots of water. In fact that is what my cardiologist suggested. High amounts of fresh veggies with chicken and fish. Maybe you ought to call the shop and see if they have a 12.