Five Day Fail :(

Options
Hi Gang, I have a confession...

I've been on holiday for 5 days and totally blew my diet. A lot of it was my lack of willpower, and a bit of it was the choice of food available to me. I did manage to get a bit of exercise in but even so probably not enough to justify what I ate.

I'm brushing it off and getting back on the wagon today and praying that i've not done too much damage! I'll get on the scales tomorrow and see. :(

Replies

• PixieAdele
    PixieAdele Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    dont worry about it! you were on holiday!
  • Disneynut
    Disneynut Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Holiday's are for enjoying, you have had your fun and now you know what to do, don't beat yourself up over it. Good luck on getting back on track, but whilst doing it, remember the good memories of your holiday, life is for enjoying, so enjoy it. :happy:
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You were on holidays, enjoy it. We worry too much most of the time that it's totally okay to let go every once in a while and just let go :) You're back on the wagon today and that's all that matters. Don't worry about the past, it's that for a reason.
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What's important is that you don't give up! I know in the past, if I ate off plan for 5 days I might very well just say to heck with the whole thing. We are in this for the long haul though so welcome back!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have never even considered THINKING about a calorie deficit or my macros when i am on holiday...
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Whatever the scales say when you step on them, don't beat yourself up about it. Tomorrow is a new day. Its a huge plus point that you realise you made bad choices and are aware you might have to work a little harder to undo them. We all have slip ups and holidays are one of the toughest times to not over indulge. 5 days of over eating for sure wont derail you. Keep at it. You CAN do this xxx
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'd wait a few days before weighing. You're likely retaining water right now and that can skew your results.

Just get back to it today.
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    What's important is that you don't give up! I know in the past, if I ate off plan for 5 days I might very well just say to heck with the whole thing. We are in this for the long haul though so welcome back!

This ^^

We are only trying to do our best. Keep trying
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'd wait a few days before weighing. You're likely retaining water right now and that can skew your results.

Just get back to it today.

That's good advice too. Wait until next week for a weigh in
  • ultimuttginge
    Options
    Ah thanks everyone! I feel a lot better now! And i'm definitely back on the wagon today for sure! :)