Ready to find the old me!

Options
wattsmk
wattsmk Posts: 16 Member
Good Morning! I've been lurking for the past day or so and have decided to introduce myself! I've been on and off diet and exercise plans over the past few years and have never been able to be successful for the long term. I'm finally ready to get my old body back and get this weight off by adopting healthy eating and exercising habits that I can maintain for a lifetime.

I'm recently married and cringed when I saw how I looked in most of my wedding photos yet I've let 15 pounds creep on in the 4 months since our wedding! I'm tired of hiding from the camera on family vacations or wanting to cry when I do see myself. My husband is a huge fitness nut and even teaches spin classes at the Coast Guard base where we both work.

Looking for motivation and support as I work to lose these 50 or so pounds I've let pile on.

Replies

• laa198
    laa198 Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. The more support you have on here the better :) Good luck!! You can do it!! :)
  • blgmw2
    blgmw2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Fitness Pal for just over a month. I also have a Fitbit that syncs with My Fitness Pal. I make sure I walk 10,000 steps a day and I do cardio at the gym twice a week between 1 and 1 and 1/2 hours. I also do upper body strength for 20 minutes twice a week. I have lost 4 pounds. I have found that if I have between 250 and 350 calories remaining for the day I loose steady and slow. I eat between 1,400 and 1600 calories a day. The key for me is to get my 10,000 steps each day. Good Luck! Feel free to add me as I have no friends yet and would love to do this together.
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Weight does tend on creep on like that, I used to remember seeing pictures of myself and just justifying it by saying it was a bad angle, lol. Good for you for deciding to make a change! It's alot of hard work and dedication but you'll love yourself at the end of it for everything you've put in :)