30 day shred

Options
Hi guys!
Im 21 yrs old 117.8 kgs and one of those people that every week says "this week is the one" and third day in gives up! so im starting the 30 day shred tonight to hopefully give me some structure and something to aim for! Has anyone else recently done this program? Any tips at all? Or if anyone else is starting this program maybe we can be motivation buddies!

Replies

• Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday! Feel free to add me;)
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Don't give up :) even if you don't make it all the way through, just try to increase your time each day you do it :) and give your body time to rest....It will get easier, and you'll actually start feeling really energized afterwards!
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    I finished my 8th day today of 30 Day Shred. I switched to level 2 a couple days early. It is harder strength training, but the cardio is about the same. You can keep going all the way through, even if you have to take a day or two break along the way. It definitely helps with whittling away the inches. You could try to do it at the same time every day. That may help and you may need to schedule it in your mind daily.
  • cardiophile
    cardiophile Posts: 38
    Options
    I completed the program a couple of months ago. Just be easy on yourself. I personally believe her transitions between exercises can sometimes be too quick and can possibly cause injuries (she doesn't explain proper form until half way into the exercise at times).
    It's a good way to get started though, and who doesn't have 20 minutes a day? You're young. Give it a try. It certainly isn't an expensive program.
  • iCupCakeNZ
    iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 today :) feel free to dd me too :D

good on you for doing it
  • emmapoulton93
    emmapoulton93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started this on Monday. Muscles were aching like hell day 1 and day 2.. I ended up walking up and down stairs in work like a duck haha. Day 3 I found myself sinking into the moves alot more even when it felt like my legs were going to burn off..

Today is Day 4 and this morning I am almost ache free! From what I have read in other posts it starts to get a little easier from here on out..

Sticking with it has been easy so far, and for once im really motivated and energized still, usually I would have given up by now.. Hopefully the results will come!!
  • nunuka
    nunuka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was in a pretty good shape a year ago when I did it. I actually did only level 1 and 2 for a month (just got bored after a while) and did not do it each and every day - more like 4 to 5 times a week.
    The biggest problem I have with the program is that it's a bit too fast on switching between moves, so what I would do is spend the first 2 or 3 days just breaking down the movements and looking up the correct form.
    Slow down if you need to, don't rush into it. I've had several exercise related injuries over the years and now I'm extra careful about details like proper form and not overexercising.
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    I finished 30 Day Shred Day 11. I am one third done. I have lost only 1.5 pounds since starting, but have lost about 4 inches. Level 2 is not too hard. I like it. I can feel myself getting stronger. Some of the things that are repeats or close to it from Level 1 are much easier now. I feel like I am more fit and less out of breath in Zumba now also. Keep up the hard work on 30 Day Shred everyone!
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    I skipped a day on Sunday, but just finished 30 Day Shred Level 2 Day 14 of the entire thing. Just about half way! I lost another 1/2 inch in waist. I still have only lost 2 pounds since starting this, but have lost 5 inches. I think I am having some constipation and water retention problems due to more water being retained to help repair muscle that is replacing fat. Hopefully I will see some more progress with weight loss soon. I am only eating between 1350-1550 calories a day depending on whether I only did 30 Day Shred for 27 minutes or also Zumba for one hour that day.
  • Kerrylouisegordon
    Options
    Would like anyone to add me doing the x30day shred need massive motivation! I'm on day four and still going think it's a great quick way to start my day! Any help aswell would be great x