Was it necessary??

Options
:smooched: To ensure i keep to my diet this time, i have just ordered a new steamer for yummy veggies, some scales for the bathroom to monitor any weight loss progress and an all singing all dancing multi-blender/processor/smoothie maker.............but do you think it was worth it? am starting to doubt my purchases after the snarl my fiance gave me at the cost???? :noway:

Replies

• Lara1985
    Lara1985 Posts: 14
    Options
    :smooched: To ensure i keep to my diet this time, i have just ordered a new steamer for yummy veggies, some scales for the bathroom to monitor any weight loss progress and an all singing all dancing multi-blender/processor/smoothie maker.............but do you think it was worth it? am starting to doubt my purchases after the snarl my fiance gave me at the cost???? :noway:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Nope, it's worth it. Just use them and make sure he watches. :wink:

I make more excuses for not following my diet.....now you have 3 very good reasons to stick to yours!

:flowerforyou:
    Best of luck duckie!!
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    necessary? probably not... but i think a couple bucks is ok if those things help you stick to your goals and stay healthy. just make sure you use them:tongue:
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    Probably not necessary, but definitely nice to have. Just make sure you use it then it actually becomes worth it.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    A steamer to encourage you to eat veggies. NECESSITY.

Scales to monitor weight loss to encourage you to lose more. NECESSITY.

Smoothie maker? I'm not a fan of smoothies but if I was, I'm sure I'd say YES. :smile:

As was said above, just make sure you use them in front of your fiancee! :happy:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm happy you have your healthy gear!

I would love to have one of those dancing, singing, food processor gizmos...let me know how you like it and what types of recipes you blend!

I'm leaning towards raw food nurishment and want one of those gadgets...search via your browser for raw food diet recipes...you will probably love them!
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You'll love your steamer! I buy fresh veggies and steam them all the time. They taste sooo much better than any other way you cook them. Have you ever had the steamed veggie medley at a restraunt , like Applebee's? It's just like that. You will not regret it! And how on earth would you get by without a scale?!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Absolutely worth it. Like the others said, use them in front of your fiance. I'll bet when he sees that you're actually using your new purchases and sees the result in your weight loss that scowl will turn into a big smile. I recently bought a blender to make smoothies and I have a scale that I bought right after I started with this site. I don't have a steamer though. Maybe that'll be my next purchase. :bigsmile: Good luck to you.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Is it worth it to get healthy and avoid major health issues down the road?

Believe me, what you paid for those items is nothing compared to the money you could be dropping in medicines, doctor bills, etc. if you don't get healthy!

And smoothies are great for you, too! I have recently discovered them and am now a HUGE Smoothie fan! Fruit smoothies are great ways to get in both your dairy needs and fruit each day.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    its worth it when you invest you use cause you dont want your money to go to waste...
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    It is all worth it if you look at them as an investment in you losing weight and getting healthy. It is up to you whether you use them or not.
  • bayaderka
    bayaderka Posts: 53
    Options
    You should check your weight every morning- it keeps you from scoffing down bad foods when in the back of your head, you know you will have to weigh yourself, and see the consequences.