Please Help

Options
I have been locked into my weight for almost 2 weeks.
Cannot lose any more weight.

I cannot exercise because I hurt my foot and the doctor wants me off my foot for awhile
I am on a 1200 calorie diet, but only eat about 1150 calories a day

Any suggestions what I can do to activate my weight loss.
I don't eat any sugar and have my fiber up.

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You need to switch things up. Eat more.. change your exercise routine.

If you can't be on your foot try other exercises. Hand weights if you have them. Depending on how bad your foot is an exercise bike may help. I was able to use one when I broke my foot a few years back provided my foot was properly bandaged and supported (I didn't get a cast).

Keep an eye on your diet. If you have only eaten about 1150 calories a day I would imagine you have lost a bit of muscle mass along the way which makes it harder to lose. Use as heavy hand weights as you can for the time being until you can do full body movements.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Calculate your BMR and TDEE and eat at a reasonable deficit from there. Also, try modified exercises (weights are best, imo) until you heal.

2 weeks is not a long time to be stalled...it is probably very normal. I suggest you eat more, though, because 1150 is not enough for any adult human being to maintain health/organ function/metabolic performance
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Totally agree on getting your TDEE and BMR calculated... there is no way you are eating enough. 2 weeks isn't a good indicator but I know if you eat more, likely at least 200-300 more calories a day, you will start to lose. The hardest thing for most people to understand and follow is you have to eat enough to lose the fat.
  • jamielovesbob
    Options
    Phyllis, I'm no nutritionist but your diet looks a little light on the protein side and I personally think you should rid yourself of some of these processed foods even if they are "lower fat or low calorie". It's all about the diet, not the excercise. I'm extremely active and I can't lose any weight when I work out a lot because I'm ravenous. Don't stress about not being able to work out right now but I do agree that doing some weights would be great. Scrambled eggwhites and steamed spinach with quinoa flakes *(add water to make a savory hot cereal) is a great breakfast, oatmeal with a side of Greek yoghurt and berries is another, rice cakes with sunflower or almond butter is another good one (sunflower seed butter is lower fat and a great alternative to peanut butter). I also think you should add some protein at lunch and cut out some of these crackers. Tuna in oil (good for you) over an argula salad or a diced turkey salad over greens with avocado and cherry tomatoes are two of my favorites. Good luck to you, I'm sure you just need to change things up a bit.