Just started Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• kri1977
    kri1977 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Have created a group for those starting right about now :)

Ripped in 30 May/June 2013

JOIN US!!!!
  • clairelindy
    clairelindy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I started this I was so sore for days I get boarded though and cant do the whole thing in one hit so I break it up and do 10 mins a day I hope it will still work. I also tried her boxing video that was really good but hard and I didn't get board as it was fun
    because of work I do 10 mins about four times a day and I am still sore lol
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    I did my first work out Monday and I couldn't even do it yesterday because I was so sore!! Getting up and down from the chair at my desk at work is torture lol. I am going to stretch good tonight so that I can get back to doing it and hopefully keep up with it every day. Good luck! Add me if you want support!

Good job on starting Jillian. She is tough! The thing about her workouts is yeah the first few days you are incredibly sore---I hate the fact that I have stairs when I start her workouts after time off.....but I find that doing her workout even when sore helps ease the soreness so just try and push through...it helps work the tightness of the muscles out those first few days. Try not to take a rest day until after 5-6 days of workouts...I know its tough but I promise that it works---well that and hot showers lol
  • HS2305
    HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I second this! Push through the pain and you will honestly feel better afterwards :) I only rest on the days I go to zumba and even then I don't feel like I get as good a workout.
  • Pinky_Fit
    Pinky_Fit Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm currently doing 30DS, I love it! When I complete it, I'm going to start Ripped in 30!
  • klappeh
    klappeh Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did my first work out Monday and I couldn't even do it yesterday because I was so sore!! Getting up and down from the chair at my desk at work is torture lol. I am going to stretch good tonight so that I can get back to doing it and hopefully keep up with it every day. Good luck! Add me if you want support!

Good job on starting Jillian. She is tough! The thing about her workouts is yeah the first few days you are incredibly sore---I hate the fact that I have stairs when I start her workouts after time off.....but I find that doing her workout even when sore helps ease the soreness so just try and push through...it helps work the tightness of the muscles out those first few days. Try not to take a rest day until after 5-6 days of workouts...I know its tough but I promise that it works---well that and hot showers lol

Yall are both right. Taking a day off was bad idea lol. I did it yesterday even though I was still hurting and it did help eleviate the pain some. I'm not going to take any breaks til the 6th day from now on :) thanks guys!
  • nicholelwolfe88
    nicholelwolfe88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I started Ripped in 30 last week. I do my best to do it no less than four times a week. I love Jillian. I actually end up chuckling at her during the DVD because I find her "Napoleon Complex" hilarious! I can tell Jillian is going to be a good trainer for me simply because of her personality. Somehow she manages to push you and keep the tone light and humorous at the same time. I completed Week 1 and began Week 2 yesterday. Week 1 killed my legs! Jello legs is what I felt like. Simply getting up from a chair hurt after that week. Now I'm onto Week 2 and I see it seems to focus more on abs this week as opposed to legs in Week 1. Nice change I must say since my tummy is my trouble zone. Don't judge! We all have them, right? Anyway, Week 2 is kicking my *kitten* thoroughly but I'm anxious to see what results I see with all this ab work.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 program calories burned are as follows:

Week 1: approx 275 calories
    Week 2: approx 300 calories
    Week 3: approx 275 calories
    Week 4: approx 260 calories

This is for a 135 lb woman using 5lb weights, so adjust higher if you weight more or use heavier dumbells, or lower if you weight less or use lighter weights. Hope this helps everyone! Friend me if you'd like support. I took my beginning pics but haven't uploaded them...I'm kinda thinking of waiting til I have "after" photos to post as well. What do y'all think?
  • zzfreak
    zzfreak Posts: 3
    Options
    I just started my second month of Body Revolution and I love-love it between BR and my Zumba classes I am totally seeing a difference in my body. Keep up the great motivation and keep up your zumba workouts I am a zumba freak all the way !!!!! :happy:
  • nicholelwolfe88
    nicholelwolfe88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about starting zumba classes for a while. They are $6 per session and our local zumba instructor has classes twice a day three times a week. Thats $40 a week if I want to take all of them! The most I would probably consider is three classes, one a day. I hear they are a lot of fun and I love dancing so I'm sure I'd enjoy them. Have to try one out and see I guess. Which of the Zumba classes do you like best? Because I know they have different kinds.
  • shred2013
    shred2013 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I finished 30DS three days ago and lost 5 lbs and 3 inches hip, waist and chest. I start RI30 2 days ago for week1. Jullian M is very tough trainner, but after each work out you feel great.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    W1 D3 done! What a killer, but I love Jillian's style. She has a tough program, but is also inspiring to make you want to finish it.
  • MelissaHopeG
    MelissaHopeG Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks to you all I did it again today - that means first time two days in a row. You are all right, I didn't need to skip and do every other! Feel free to add me love the encouragement and will share the same :)
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 4 done. Whew! How bout you all?
  • fran192
    fran192 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone - just thought I'd join in! Did my first day of Ripped in 30 last night, not feeling too stiff today which is good but not really looking forward to it again tonight!! How quickly did everyone start losing weight by the way? Am trying to lose 16lb in total to get to my ideal weight (have already lost 19lb but over a long time) but I have to say it has been very hard going and am hoping this will help!
  • kri1977
    kri1977 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I did 1st day level 3 on Sunday and boy it was a killer. The moves are just so INSANE :)

I lost weight pretty quickly the first 2 weeks of 30 DS and then now it is going off slowly. But I am on my last 2kg to lose so I know those are going to be a tough one :)

The body change though is amazing. My abs feel so hard :)

Keep it UP!!!!

K
  • Suesuzanne76
    Suesuzanne76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Am in week 3 of Ripped in 30 and it couldn't get more insane. I am however loving each move!:glasses:
  • neshonpowell
    Options
    Starting Ripped in 30 today. Trying to find it to log in my exercise. Nothing is showing up..any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

thanks,
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    If you have a n HRM then see how many calories you burn and custom name the excersise "ripped in 30". And enter in the calories then just check that one off whenever you do it.. If you don't have an HRM then enter it under circuit training. It may not be as accurate but it is pretty much what that work out is.
  • emberlea1
    emberlea1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started Jillian Michaels: Ripped in 30 on Monday. The first day was so tough, and the second was even tougher. Today was day 3 and it was a bit easier, so by day 6 I think I will be fine. I thought I was in better shape since I walk up to 45-60 minutes a day and do yoga twice a day (tough yoga, not easy stuff!), but I was WRONG!!!! I love the squat exercises, but the cardio (running man and the football drills) are sooo tough. Also, I am sucking at pushups. I hope to get better and better!!! Thanks!!!