Cleaning the Polar FT4?

hsh0927
hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
Title kind of says it all buuuut: How do you clean the chest strap for a Polar FT4? Mine smells like my gym bag and it HAS to be cleaned! :tongue:

Thanks!

Replies

• CrystalX82
    CrystalX82 Posts: 68 Member
    you can put it in one of those lingerie bags for the washing machine and wash it =) I usually rinse mine after I use it and use some hand soap to make it not smell so terrible lol
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    I wash by hand with warm water and a bit of liquid laundry detergent and then hang up to dry.
  • mdjcpa75
    mdjcpa75 Posts: 17
    I wash mine in the shower after my workout with body soap.
  • apnovack
    apnovack Posts: 40
    Same here
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    I have a Polar FT7 with the strap. I always rinse it after my workouts and hang it to dry. Once a week or so when I wash my pile of bras by hand I throw the strap in with them.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Ok, thanks! I didn't know if the whole thing could go in water or not and since I spent a lot of money on it, I didn't want to ruin it!
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Simply wash with handsoap and water...Lay it somewhere to dry...never put it in the dryer!
  • fredf2112
    fredf2112 Posts: 110 Member
    you can put it in one of those lingerie bags for the washing machine and wash it =) I usually rinse mine after I use it and use some hand soap to make it not smell so terrible lol

^^This^^

I didn't do that with my first chest strap but I do with its replacement.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member

same for me. also, don't put it in the dryer!