A re-introduction and looking for more friends here

Options
Hi everyone,

I re-started last week and am really hoping to meet my goals by the end of summer. I'm a 31 year old married mom of 2 boys (5 years old and 8 months). I lost my pregnancy weight within 6 months (30 pounds) but since I stopped breastfeeding, I gained 5 of it back and the weight loss does not come as easy. Well, it never was EASY, but now it's not as fast. I'm definitely an all-or-nothing person so the lack of quick-ish success makes me lose motivation pretty fast. Then it's all a full circle/cycle of mess. I feel like I "failed," so I say what the hell and eat more. Then I work hard for a few days and don't see a change, so it starts again. In my head I know that's not right, but that's what it's been for me. My ticker says 1 pound down, and that was from my reset. I have a handful of good friends on here but would like more, both for accountability and to check out your food journals and see what leads you to success!

I want to look fit, be fit, feel confident, and feel successful. If you'd like to add me as a friend, please do.....help me make this happen! I welcome all friends who check in regularly and who can help keep me motivated. Thanks!

Replies

• fourtwingles
    fourtwingles Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I also am restarting. I am down 3 lbs. but my total goal is 45-50. I am a 49 year old mom of a 23 year old and twins who are 18. Yes it is hard to get it moving but hopefully this helps. Good luck.
  • Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Been on here since November to get my baby weight off, unfortunately my youngest is turning 4!! I am addicted and log on daily! Add me for support!!!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Hi! I went through the same thing with breastfeeding! I lost it all but 10 pounds and everyone said, oh yeah, that's because you're breastfeeding, you need the extra weight, it will come right off when he's weaned... WELL he weaned 4 months ago and the weight did not come off! Seemed like I was just gaining even more since I was no longer breastfeeding! So, here I am... :wink: Hope you get a great support system (feel free to add me if you'd like) and good luck on your journey!
  • laurenliz2920
    laurenliz2920 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's EXACTLY it!!! I do feel like the weight is coming back and that scares me. I was on MFP while I was breastfeeding and even with adding the additional 500 calories because he was exclusively breastfed, I still felt like I was on a diet. Now that those +500 are truly gone it feels even harder sometimes. Some days I feel full and on track and others (even with the same menu) I feel ravenous. Glad I'm not alone. Thanks!
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am a fellow mother (toddler and another half-baked), a foodie, and a regular (or mostly regular) food logger. I am not a gym rat, nor even the type to religiously exercise in my living room, mainly focusing on my intake (per the time allotted me). Feel free to add me. :)
  • AFilmer
    AFilmer Posts: 22
    Options
    I will have to say I have had no experience with the breast feeding weight problem but I am happy to support people, or give my opinion on anything.

any one can feel free to add me
  • luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    I am the same way with getting frustrated about not seeing results and saying forget it. In the fall I had stopped drinking sodas and lost a few pounds and then it stopped so I was like forget this I might as well drink soda if im not gonna lose weight. But I just started yesterday counting calories and measuring foods and I am determined to do it right. I also have a 4 and 5 year old (10 months apart)
  • poopinshmicken
    Options
    Twenty-four here and no kids, but very supportive. Friend me if you'd like. If not, best wishes on your journey!
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    your welcome to add me. :) my newest additon is 3 months I also nurse him
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm also a mom, but with FIVE all under 10.. Feel free to friend me! :)
  • jirocpa
    jirocpa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    We could all use a little more accountability in our lives. My initial focus was to lose weight, and as I got closer to my goal I began lifting more, trying to stick to major moves. I don't have a lot of time for strength training or cardio outside of work, and unlike my wife I'm not motivated enough to wake up at 4:30 and do P90X. So I use my lunch hour and hit the gym in my building. Some days I run, or bike, others are for weights. After work is time for the kids, either homework, baseball or a park.
    I have about 10lbs left to shed, and the only thing that really works is the honest tracking.
    So feel free to friend me and I will try to help motivate you. I can always use the same help! Thanks and good luck!
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You and anyone else can add me. I wish you the best!
  • Joliemaman81
    Joliemaman81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Lauren!

I am Crystal, I am also a 31 year old mom of two (5 & 3 years old)...I log on daily and have about 40 lbs to go. I am also in need of some friends for motivation and support, so feel free to add me if you like and we can do this together!