Something you need to brag about....

Options
2»

Replies

• Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!

The one thing I must say I'm most proud of that I have done this week is yesterday my husband & went to Red Lobster and I chose healthy foods. . .and stayed under my calorie goal for the day even with eating out!!! And I only ate a HALF of one of the cheddar biscuits....that may be the biggest accomplishment of my life. . .lol :bigsmile:

Did you eat the biscuits?! How can you not eat those biscuits?!! Ahhhhhhhhhh! They're like cheddar biscuit crack.
  • labelleariane
    labelleariane Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been learning and taking time to cook a tasty-proportionnated-flavored-yummy meal to myself

IMG_poulet.jpg
  • zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I ran for 25 minutes straight (no walking intervals)! 25! me! And I wasnt exhausted afterwards.

same here :) . Feels sooo good.
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    I was running up and down the stairs this morning and I was tired and really wanted to quit after 20 minutes, but I pushed on for another 25 minutes (45 minute total) and burned more than 600 calories!!! I just kept telling myself I can do 5 more minutes, over and over and I felt good by the end of that 45 minutes!
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I competed in my first triathlon on Sunday! I scored first place for the Athena award (for women over 150 lbs.). I'm looking for my next race. 'twas fun!
  • shnewell
    shnewell Posts: 14
    Options
    I ran 4 miles in the sweltering heat last night! Southeast Texas is brutal this time of year!
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I had my alarm set for 4:10 this morning to get up and work out. It went off, I turned it off and rolled over to try to go back to sleep, but I knew I wouldn't get that much more sleep anyway and that I needed to just do it. So I got up and worked out... it felt so good to get my body moving and to know it was done so if I don't have time later today its no big deal. I'm going to try to make it a habbit from now on, everyday to wake up and get it done first thing. I know my body will benefit from working out and revving up my metabolism.
  • Michaela722
    Options
    I hired a babysitter on Friday night (because my husband is deployed) and enjoyed an awesome 10 mile run with my best 10 mile time ever.
  • jinxdflame
    Options
    I have signed up to this, started using it properly and did my wii fit both yesterday and today for over 40 minutes havind had a wii fit since january - dont believe the scales on it though - put me at a stone lighter than I know I am!
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I ran three days in a row for a total of 17.5 miles and decided to start training for a half marathon!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So this had the opposite effect on me. I have absolutely nothing to brag about this week..........or month for that matter.

This got me to thinking..........I need to set some goals and hit it again!

Thanks! You never know what a thread will conjure up!

Jeannie
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day. No one showed up for my cycling class :cry:, so I went and hopped on the treadmill instead and ran 1.75 miles at 8 mph (working up to 2 miles at 9.25 mph). I applied for a graduate assistantship, it's something that I really want to do too, and I received an email today saying that they want an interview tomorrow.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    ...had an epiphany and finally managed to post the correct diagonals when trotting...

Okay, not so much an exercise thing, but I tell you, it's brilliant when the light dawns on something you've struggled with! :happy:

As for MFP, I'm figuring out portion control a whole lot better now with needing to log everything. I love my mother, but she always cooked as if she was feeding an army and usually gave us army sized portions. What seemed like a cup of food back then is equivalent to about two cups of food in reality -- it's a complete shocker to realize exactly what serving sizes are.

Now I feel like I'm treating myself to gobs and gobs of food because I'm spreading my calories out throughout the day instead of just having one meal per day. I've lost 8 pounds since joining -- never thought I'd lose weight by eating more!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i would like to brag about how wonderful my family is!

~son is a good boy, that makes good choices (so far) and gets strait A's in high school!:bigsmile:
    ~daughter is a healthy, happy, well behavied 11yr old.:heart::heart:
    ~hubby is a loving, hard working man.:love::love:

~wish i could brag about my own behavior:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Slimkickin23
    Options
    I went skating with a friend last night and burned like 600 cals and had a great time AND learned how do go backwards and sit on the ice. Working on jumps. . . Fell a bunch but its great fun!
  • Rmeikel
    Rmeikel Posts: 35
    Options
    I started my fitness pal last month -- July 7th or so... and I have lost 21 pounds since! It makes such a great difference knowing what is going in and how much exercise I am putting out. I have completed Day # 17 on Shred, and I can do almost all of the exercises!! WooooooooooooooHoooooooooooo! And as a teacher going back to work this week, I have been getting up early to make sure I am fitting in the day's workouts as a positive start to the day! :smile:
  • madjo
    madjo Posts: 17
    Options
    what a great topic! Everyone has done great!

Today I completed Day 4 of 30 Day Shred (even though I was sore and tired), 20 mins of Wii Just Dance + 30mins of cleaning. Feel great in every way :-)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I held a plank position on my elbows for 2 minutes and 25 seconds.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!