any advice about p90x diet plan?

Options
xarchie1980x
xarchie1980x Posts: 36 Member
hi
i just started MFP and P90x together

went through the p90x fitness guide, but it is too confusing for me...any advice? thanks!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    What are you having trouble with on the fitness guide. Or is it the nutrition guide you are having trouble with? For the fitness part you just plop in the DVD that corresponds to the day you are on and push play? If you are on day 2 (classic) you would put in the Plyometrics DVD.
  • unocentavo
    unocentavo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Can you elaborate a little more about what is confusing you?
    I did the p90x about a year or so ago, actually did a review on my blog: http://realfitness4realpeople.blogspot.com/2009/10/p90x-workout-system-reviews.html

It's a very good, moderately simple workout plan. I don't remember anything being terribley confusing, but I'll help the best I can.
  • xarchie1980x
    xarchie1980x Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    oh god..i m so sorry...i meant the nutrition guide...oops :p
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,743 Member
    Options
    If you want to follow the P90X Nutrition Plan but keep it as simple as possible, I'd suggest doing this:

1. Use Beachbody's caloric needs calculator http://teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/nutrition-tools/caloric-needs to determine your daily calories. It's more specific to you individually than the three levels outlined in the P90X Nutrition Plan.

2. Manually set your own custom fitness goals on MFP, using the calories determined by the BB calculator.
    a. For Phase 1, use the ratios of 30% carbs, 50% protein, 20% fat.
    b. For Phase 2, use the ratios of 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat.
    c. For Phase 3, use the ratios of 60% carbs, 20% protein, 20% fat.

Personally, I felt like the calories I got from the calculator were spot on (1,900), but I didn't care for the recommended ratios, especially for Phase 1. I function best with about 45% carbs, 30% protein, 25% fat. You'll have to decide exactly how you want to handle that part, but however you choose to do it, MFP makes it really simple to track. Hope that helps!