If you have a problem with DIETS do not read.

Replies

• viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    I've lost 7lbs in about 30 days, eating 1800+ calories a day and working out 4-5 times a week. Why would you want to starve yourself for the same results :S
    best of luck to you though...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    So, to lift seven pounds, you would need about 210 good size 'normal' balloons.

Alternatively, you can use 99 luftballons.

Do they have to be red or is the color inconsequential?
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Okay guys, I have exactly 25 days to go until my first holiday this summer.

I want to lose 7lbs at least.

HELP!!

I don't care how disgusting or hard the diet or exercise tip... all ideas are welcome.

Excercise and eating healthy is the plan but I need more than that if I'm going to get rid of that half a stone.

Please do not be negative in your replies as there is just no need.

I previously tried 30 day shred but only could do about 6 days (life took over, don't ask)

I am going to aquafit at least once a week, and twice when I can.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

You could try my diet. I am losing about 2 lbs a week (18 pounds since 4/1/13) and am never hungry. Just to warn you, it has almost no processed food, no meat, and no sweets.

Breakfast: steel cut oats with chopped apple and black coffee
    Lunch: brown rice, lentils, veggies
    Afternoon snack: an apple
    Dinner: the same as lunch, only different veggies, and sometimes soup
    Water: I bought a 32 oz sport bottle, fill it with filtered water and lemon or lime slices, and drink 2 of those a day.
    Condiments: Tamari, dry roasted/toasted sesame seeds (30 calories a spoon), and lime juice for salad dressing (lime juice from a fresh squeezed lime -- lime juice has almost no calories).

I precook my breakfast, enough for several days in a row, and just heat it up.
    I also precook lentils, rice, and veggies and always have enough in the fridge for a quick meal.
    I take a lunch and snack to work and heat the lunch in the microwave.
    I eat before I go to social events/restaurants so I'm not hungry and have something tiny to be polite.

Editing this to add my exercise: walking. I leave my car in the driveway, walk to work, to errands, walk the dog, etc. I walk several miles a day.
  • jofjltncb6

HELP!!

I don't care how disgusting or hard the diet or exercise tip... all ideas are welcome.

Excercise and eating healthy is the plan but I need more than that if I'm going to get rid of that half a stone.

I previously tried 30 day shred but only could do about 6 days (life took over, don't ask)

You could try my diet. I am losing about 2 lbs a week (18 pounds since 4/1/13) and am never hungry. Just to warn you, it has almost no processed food, no meat, and no sweets.

Water: I bought a 32 oz sport bottle, fill it with filtered water and lemon or lime slices, and drink 2 of those a day.
    Condiments: Tamari, dry roasted/toasted sesame seeds (30 calories a spoon), and lime juice for salad dressing (lime juice from a fresh squeezed lime -- lime juice has almost no calories).

I also precook lentils, rice, and veggies and always have enough in the fridge for a quick meal.
    I eat before I go to social events/restaurants so I'm not hungry and have something tiny to be polite.

Editing this to add my exercise: walking. I leave my car in the driveway, walk to work, to errands, walk the dog, etc. I walk several miles a day.

How many daily calories is that?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    I suggest you grow up and realise nobody will give a crap about 7lbs,
    This. So you really think 7lbs is going to make a visual difference. How about using a mirror instead of a scale for a goal.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    try keto to lose water weight
    Yeah, unless you're obese, you're probably not going to lose 7 lbs of fat. Eating under 30 grams of carbs will flush a bunch of water weight out of your system though. May or may not help control your appetite.
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Google "3 day military diet" It's not necessarily a "military diet" anymore, but one the Heart Association promotes and encourages people to go on if they're undergoing surgery for their heart or something like that. I was stuck at a plateau a couple months back and my Dr. told me about this. I lost 5 lbs in 3 days and have kept it off since then. You follow the exact diet for 3 days, drink tons of water, exercise like usual then for 4 days after, up your calories, eat as normal then you can do the 3 day diet again. Follow this until your "deadline" and you'll be shocked. A lady I worked with did it and lost almost 20 lbs and kept it off as well. The foods work chemically together when metabolizing and breaking down. It's weird, but works.
  • adairbrum
    adairbrum Posts: 68
    Eat tissue and drink water. It will swell up and make you feel full. Smoke at least 2 packs of cigarettes a day, it will help curb your appettite. Finally, laxatives. Lots of laxatives. Sure it will be uncomfortable, but if you reach your goal it will be worth it.
    this :):):):):):)
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    You don't care how hard it is, but the last time you tried a plan you lasted 6 days. Good luck!

lol

I seriously need to stop reading these forum posts, nobody likes what I have to say. Fortunately in this case though you said it for me :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    Google "3 day military diet" It's not necessarily a "military diet" anymore, but one the Heart Association promotes and encourages people to go on if they're undergoing surgery for their heart or something like that. I was stuck at a plateau a couple months back and my Dr. told me about this. I lost 5 lbs in 3 days and have kept it off since then. You follow the exact diet for 3 days, drink tons of water, exercise like usual then for 4 days after, up your calories, eat as normal then you can do the 3 day diet again. Follow this until your "deadline" and you'll be shocked. A lady I worked with did it and lost almost 20 lbs and kept it off as well. The foods work chemically together when metabolizing and breaking down. It's weird, but works.

As my kids would say...

LOLWUT?
  • Forest777
    Forest777 Posts: 30 Member
    You are an absolutely gorgeous girl BTW. Who cares about the 7 lbs or whatever? Avoid too much salt and drink a ton of water, so that you're not bloated. Eat clean and reduce calories to around 1600 if you want. Go buy something cute. Go on your trip, enjoy being young and beautiful, and have a blast.

I look back on my early twenties and think, honestly, what was I so insecure about? I should have enjoyed myself more.

No blame towards the OP, but I couldn't agree more with this comment.
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    As you said you don't care how hard the exercise tip is, I will say try with 30 day Shred again, you will get the results you want.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member

HELP!!

How many daily calories is that?

My daily calories vary, depending on whether I eat 1-2 cups of lentils at a meal, what kind of veggies and the quantity, etc. Avocados, for example, are high in calorie. I set my MFP calories for 1200 a day, but I usually eat anywhere from 1300-1600, occasionally 1900. I also exercise a lot. Sometimes I eat back my calories and sometimes I don't -- I eat them back if I'm hungry.

Also, I use lentils a lot because the protein in 1 cup of lentils = the protein in 3 eggs, I don't have to soak them, and I can cook several days worth in 30 minutes. Lentils cost about $1.50 per bag at the grocery store. You could use other types of beans for variety. I don't eat dairy but sometimes will have a boiled egg for a snack. I don't care for cooking and like this diet because it is very simple and keeps me from being hungry.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,940 Member
    It's possible, IF you're consistent. HIIT every day and stay in calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Trying to lose 7 pounds in 25 days is unhealthy! I'm being positive because I'm telling you to be safe and healthy by not trying to lose 7 pounds in 25 days. yaaaaay *happy happy positive yay*

Well losing 2 lbs./week can be perfectly healthy. So 7 pounds in 25 days sounds doable in a healthy way, especially for someone just starting out.

Not for someone with very little to lose in the first place. Two pounds per week is perfectly acceptable if you need to lose 50+ Lbs...bad idea when you only need to lose seven measly vanity pounds.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Eat tissue and drink water. It will swell up and make you feel full. Smoke at least 2 packs of cigarettes a day, it will help curb your appettite. Finally, laxatives. Lots of laxatives. Sure it will be uncomfortable, but if you reach your goal it will be worth it.

The problem with this advice is a lot of people won't take it seriously. But, it works. The only problem is you forgot to tell her to take Metamusil or something like that a couple times a day, the fiber works with the tissue to double the fullness effect, and bonus it is also a laxative. The cigarettes boost your metabolism so that is a double bonus as well since they also curb appetite. And you forgot to tell her to make her bathroom as comfortable as possible since it will be her residence for the next 25 days.
  • carchie94
    carchie94 Posts: 45

The problem with this advice is a lot of people won't take it seriously. But, it works. The only problem is you forgot to tell her to take Metamusil or something like that a couple times a day, the fiber works with the tissue to double the fullness effect, and bonus it is also a laxative. The cigarettes boost your metabolism so that is a double bonus as well since they also curb appetite. And you forgot to tell her to make her bathroom as comfortable as possible since it will be her residence for the next 25 days.

You forgot Alli. And the adult diapers. Combined, those are sure to work. I'd throw in some castor oil to be safe.
  • Marley2310
    Marley2310 Posts: 304
    Possible but a little bit hard because u are already lean ..anyways u have 2 options 1 ) just cut 1000 or 1200 (max) from ur diet and do DAILY Cardio and lift heavy at strength reps range ( 4 , 6 , 8 ) to maintain ur muscle mass and make sure u are burning more than 500 each day in the gym and that u are getting over 100 gram of protein

2) u can do a PSMF ( Protein Sparing Modified Fast ) Lyle Macdonald's way ..his diet will get u there easily ..but its a really hard diet and u have to follow it to the t to make sure u lose fat not muscle ..i can send u a link to download his book for free if u are up for it .
  • JessicaJoanJarvis
    JessicaJoanJarvis Posts: 80 Member
    Clearly many off you cannot read, I said be positive yet you feel the need to criticise. This is supposed to be a motivational website and clearly you do not know how that works.

How has your post helped in anyway, kinda pathetic that you need to be negative to make yourselves feel better, huh?

Thank you to everyone who took it seriously! Goodluck with your journeys :)
  • jofjltncb6
    Clearly many off you cannot read, I said be positive yet you feel the need to criticise. This is supposed to be a motivational website and clearly you do not know how that works.

How has your post helped in anyway, kinda pathetic that you need to be negative to make yourselves feel better, huh?

To whom was this post directed?

Perhaps you could make a list of those posts you found helpful vs. those you found not helpful. That kind of feedback will help us to make more helpful posts in the future.

(I suspect the differentiation will be made on whether or not the post was what you wanted to hear and not of the actual validity or helpfulness of the post, but I certainly don't want to be presumptuous.)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    << Reads: This is supposed to be a motivational website where everyone cheerleads even if my goal and plan is unrealistic and unhealthy.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member

I am going to jump off a cliff and fly tomorrow - but I only want positive comments about this!!

Sorry, one of the best things about this website is the number of people who will be honest with you. It is a support forum which means trying to help people do things safely and effectively, not a "cheerleading" forum.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member

But you said.....
    HELP!!

People gave help. You didnt like it. Darn.

I am guessing you wouldnt have liked my suggestion about amputating a limb then?

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on ours.....
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,782 Member
    Just curious OP. What did you do yesterday to lose your 7 lbs? Did you eat at a deficit? Did you get some good exercise? Cuz you only have 24 days now.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member

Just because this is a 'motivational website' does not mean that everyone should agree with you. I'm waiting for the 'the site is full of bullies' thread now. :laugh:

By the way, as of tomorrow I've decided I'm going to start taking crack. But this is a motivational website, so I only want positive responses to this idea!
  • kaino135
    kaino135 Posts: 1
    try the 3 day military diet. you can loose up to i think like 6 lbs
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Marley, lets see a link to that diet then, sounds interesting.

I have lost a lot of weight very quickly in the past several times and also did it for a special event such as a holiday etc. when I did it but as I'm sure you know and have been told by the negative posters it's not good for your body and will come straight back on etc. etc.

Anyway! Having said that there are two ways I lost weight quickly, ie. around 10-14lbs in 1 month. The first time it was by going very low carb. I literally cut out all starchy and high sugar carbohydrates including fruit from my diet for this period, only ate steamed fish and grilled meat as well as steamed green vegetables and a few other protein foods like eggs, a small amount of cheese etc. I tried to keep it low fat and I cut out alcohol too. It was hard especially when eating out and things like that but you have to tell yourself what you're doing it for.

I seem to remember that by doing this (without counting calories) I was able to lose about 10lbs in 2 weeks and at the time I was around 135lbs with fairly high body fat. I didn't measure my body fat afterwards but my clothes were falling off me.

The second way I've lost a lot of weight was by doing the Maple syrup diet but it's VERY extreme. You buy this syrup from health food shops and combine a bit of the syrup with lemon juice (fresh) and cayenne pepper. Google it if you're interested. I think there are two ways to do the diet, you can either drink the drink and eat 1 meal per day - low in carbs and you'll lose less weight but I did it the way it was designed to be done ie. drinking only the syrup drink mixed with water (2 litres per day) and eating nothing at all for 10 days. I think in that time I lost 14lbs. Another time I did it for 7 days only and lost 10lbs. As soon as you start eating normally though the weight does come back on but for a holiday it will give you a head start I suppose.

Lastly when I was 178 lbs I wanted to get my weight down as I'm quite short. At the time I didn't know anything about calories in vs calories out so basically I started exercising 6 days a week and switched to eating healthier foods ie. no bread, no pasta although I did have a little rice and potatoes but cut down on fat and changed cooking methods ie. grilled instead of frying foods and ate more veggies. I didn't count calories but looking back I was eating 1000 calories per day no more than that but the weight fell off really fast and in 5 months I'd dropped over 50lbs so I guess that means I lost around 10lb per month (but I was quite big to start with).

I tried those things a long time ago (around 8-10 years ago) and I'm a lot older now and am struggling to lose the weight I want to as I'm currently back up to 144lbs but it's proving to be much harder as I'm older and also trying to do it the 'right' (healthy) way this time ie. eating more. Nothing has really worked for me since January 2013 even though I'm exercising daily and eating more protein as well as weight lifting as recommended on here so I'm gonna try low carb eating again, though not in quite as an extreme way this time. I also tried eating more (up to 2000 calories per day at one point) but I didn't lose so now I'm eating around 1400 on average not eating back exercise calories but it's not working.

I am now gonna go lower for a while to around 1200 and maybe as low as 1000 in the month before my holiday if I still don't get most of the weight off that I want to lose. I am aiming for nearly 30lbs though, not 7 so in your case try eating 1200 until your holiday as you're not exercising much and watch your carbs and I'm sure the weight will come off.

If your not able to spend much time training don't worry about it as I've found that exercising more doesn't help me lose weight or even allow me to eat more necessarily - I just feel fitter and stronger..
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member

Just because this is a 'motivational website' does not mean that everyone should agree with you. I'm waiting for the 'the site is full of bullies' thread now. :laugh:

By the way, as of tomorrow I've decided I'm going to start taking crack. But this is a motivational website, so I only want positive responses to this idea!

Taking crack and trying to lose a few pounds quickly are hardly similar. I agree with the OP, she didn't ask if anyone thought it was healthy. She asked for methods.

Can you show any evidence that losing 7 lbs in 25 days is unhealthy in either the short or long term?
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member

I am going to jump off a cliff and fly tomorrow - but I only want positive comments about this!!

Sorry, one of the best things about this website is the number of people who will be honest with you. It is a support forum which means trying to help people do things safely and effectively, not a "cheerleading" forum.

Yes. A lot of people have given a lot of good feedback regarding your question. If this were just a "cheerleading"/ " keep doing what you're doing" site, I'd still be eating as little as possible without dying and doing only cardio 'til I couldn't cardio anymore.