Any vegetable you feel is a waste to eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I agree with the iceberg lettuce.

Personally, this Memorial Day WKND corn has cleaned me out like a charm. YUM, slathered it with butter, parmesan and chili powder.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    corn is a good vegetable
    eat which ones u like
    just eat them
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    iceberg lettuce is not a vegetable and has no nutrionakl value
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    iceberg lettuce is not a vegetable and has no nutrionakl value

Yes, it is. and Yes, it does.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    celery or okra.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Corn just tastes good.

But celery? What IS the point of celery?

Celery is the vehicle to eat lots of blue cheese dressing and peanut butter. ;)
  • JohnnyCashMoney
    Options
    Iceberg lettuce has relatively no nutritional value. Switch to Romaine, at least.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid foods that come out in the same condition they went in. Even tho I love corn, I don't eat it.

For me, not a fan of brussel sprouts or lima beans.

And what the heck is a rutabaga, anyways?
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Mmmmyum - Curried zucchini pancakes!!!!

I'm sure this is great, but I think it might really be stretching the definition of 'pancake'.

Celery raw is yukkers, but it's essential in many (most, 99% of my) soups!

Have happily eaten a whole can of that 'salad crisp' corn for a midnight snack on hot summer nights. Iceberg lettuce is insulting on every level.

Wasted vegetable? I don't know. I love mushrooms but always feel I've cheated myself a bit with them.
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options

But celery? What IS the point of celery?

Totally agree! But that's mostly because I hate celery. I also agree with corn, though I admit I still eat it on occasion.

Iceberg lettuce - Ugh, don't get me started. I made a perfectly nice iceberg and spinach salad last week because I wanted to stretch my spinach further for lunches. A day after I made it, the iceberg lettuce was wilting. By the end of the week, I had to toss the whole thing. And for what? Seriously! The Romaine lettuce I bought this week is holding up much better and is better for you.

Other than those, though, I don't really have any "useless" veggies. Even those I hate--like Brussels sprouts and peas--I concede still have nutritional value. I just wish they didn't, so I could justify not eating them!
  • fastfoodv
    fastfoodv Posts: 41
    Options
    No. Eat a wide variety and enjoy your colors. Darker colors typically contain more nutrients. Try to include at least one serving of green leafy veggies per day.

Visit Lisa Tillinger Johansen, MS, RD at her web sites at www.consultthedietitian.com and www.fastfoodvindication.com and on Facebook at Lisa Tillinger Johansen and on Twitter @LisaTJohansen.