feeling ****e!

Options
I'm massively overweight - look horrendous on photos, struggle to play with my child and cannot find ANYTHING that looks "my age" or flattering in any way .

so why am I sitting here thinking of stuffing my face to make me feel better??

oh, and I cant even get through halfway of the fit test on insanity without feeling like I'm going to die....

oh and my names Kim.....Hi.

Lol.

Replies

• goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    hey kim:) post pics and fill out your stuff in your home page! Im sure you are fine:) believe me i was there kiddo..
    Kristian Rocco
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I think you photograph really well! You have a beautiful mane. :flowerforyou:

My daughter kicked and broke my windshield this morning. All I could think of was stopping at the gas station and getting a doughnut. That was not going to fix my windshield. I got online, played around on the forums and felt better. Try it. Gif shopping is very therapeutic!

The next time you do the fit test, you'll feel less like you're going to die. Oh, and my name's Rachel. Hi. :drinker:
  • drakhan2002
    drakhan2002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just remember, we're all here to better ourselves. We may have different goals - build muscle, lose weight, get encouragement, etc. You're not alone Kim - all these messages on these forums are proof of that! While we may not know you, we know what you're going through! Hang in there - every second is a new second to make a new choice...take a new direction...change your life.
  • salandrala
    salandrala Posts: 1
    Options
    hi everyone I'm Amanda. I have been using this app now for over a month religiously and lost over ten pounds. it's been so hard sticking to my diet. what are people cooking? I need some new ideas :-)
  • fermitthekrog
    Options
    haha!

thank you both :)

I think ill try both suggestions!

:flowerforyou:
  • fermitthekrog
    Options
    Just remember, we're all here to better ourselves. We may have different goals - build muscle, lose weight, get encouragement, etc. You're not alone Kim - all these messages on these forums are proof of that! While we may not know you, we know what you're going through! Hang in there - every second is a new second to make a new choice...take a new direction...change your life.

:) thank you very much :)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    If you don't put in the effort to be accountable, you'll fail. Post pics, and participate. It's not really LOL, but eventually life or death.
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    huahuaa I did the fit test yesterday it didn't go very well... a disaster! But it is not the point. the point is trying and carry on doing a little of exercise every day and second insanity is not for beginners. I knew it myself but still went ahead an buy it because if i don't believe till i try. I also have turbo fire and that was much more suitable for me. Because is like aerobics but in this insanity there are a lots of push up and cannot do them. Infact the last exercise of the fit test i scored 0. But i am pretty sure next will be better as will be yours!!
  • ravenbard
    ravenbard Posts: 51
    Options
    Hi Kim :flowerforyou:

I can understand not wanting to have your picture taken.. I am the same way by shying away from the cameras. But know what Kim? Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and if you have a beautiful personality then people will see you as beautiful. The thing to do is kick butt by losing the weight you hate to have on you. Show that "weight" a thing or two and get serious about beating it's hold on you. You can do this, we all can do this. Everyone has a story to tell, you know. So we will all help you in whatever way we can. If you want to talk about it, I am here for you. If you want to cry about it, I will be here for you too. I bet most people in MFP would say the same thing about helping and encouraging you. I am as hungry as can be this minute but am not gonna cave in to it. Bless you Kim, friend me if you want.
  • Tiffysinsanity
    Tiffysinsanity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, My name's Tiffany. I get that way to sometimes. I give myself a little pitty party and move on. Gotta keep at that fitness test. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KICK IT'S *kitten* ONE DAY!! The important thing is to not give up. You can and WILL do this and you'll be alive and great! lol. Goodluck!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You look really toned and soft. Are oats the key?
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Hi Kim!

After a horrible day what I wouldn't give to eat a dozen cupcakes... but I don't (trust me I want to!)

Keep trying. I know easier said than done, but trust me. It'll be worth it when you kick that weight in the *kitten* and it doesn't return.

We're all here to lose weight or get fit. Some of us just have a hundred to lose. Some just 20. I met one guy who lost 300! That's like 2.5 of me!!!

Once you get a support system in place, you'll know where to turn to to help keep you on tract after a bad day or a bad workout.

And my name is Michelle :drinker:

Height 5'5
    Starting Weight - 167
    Starting on MFP - 142
    Goal Weight - 120-125 and LEAN
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I believe most people on here feel like you do right now. When I first started doing Crossfit nearly a year ago for the first month or two I thought I was going to puke during each session. It was discouraging but I was working out with my wife and we supported each other and our trainer is very good and incredibly encouraging. Now our trainer gives me workouts she doesn't give anyone of her other clients. That's how strong I've gotten. I'm not saying this to impress you but to impress upon you that we ALL start from somewhere we don't want to be to get to where we are headed ultimately. The key is to never give up. Don't think you HAVE to do all the exercises all the way through. Go at your own pace but make it a goal to do more than you did the day before. Our motto at our gym is "Stronger Than Yesterday". If you can do an exercise 5 seconds longer than the day before you're getting stronger and that is your goal.

Keep at it! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!
  • fermitthekrog
    Options
    thank you all for taking the time to reply :)

I LOVE the phase "pity party" I've never heard it before LOL ... that's definitely what I just had :blushing:

and I'm trying to find another profile while everyone now thinks I'm a horse and now I'm not even hungry - whoop! :laugh:
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, I don't have my glasses on, so I can't see your picture very well, but you look and seem nice. I like how you do your hair... is that like a wind-swept side-pony tail?

Get involved and makes some friends - check out the community threads, they can be really funny, and motivating! Friend me if you want!
  • Nunu214
    Nunu214 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I'm 5"2 and 158 I separated from my husband 3 years ago and I guess I just let my self go I've never been more than 125 pounds so this is a big weight gain for me I guess I just opened my eyes 2 weeks ago and look at myself and said girl this is not you :-( so I'm kicking my butt in gear and I'm on a diet and now working out everyday for 1 hour so far I've lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks I'm determined to get back to 125 I'm 30 and a mom of two and I will look good agin :-)
  • Nunu214
    Nunu214 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi so I've been using the elliptical for 2 weeks now its so hard and I sweat like a crazy lady but I've 5 pounds anyone else out there using the elliptical?
  • annieconverse
    Options
    I know for me, when I feel bad I eat to feel better. But while the eating initially reduces the tension, it doesn't actually make me feel better and the guilt and self-criticism make me feel worse. My advice is to accept the pattern that you have and try to do SOMETHING ELSE to reduce bad feeling ( journaling, meditation, catching the self-criticism and stopping it.) Lots of people use eating to self medicate or cope with bad feelings. Ironically, when people do this, they end up using food to hurt themselves, rather than help. You can't change the pattern in the past but you can change it now. Also, you can look at the way your body is now as a cumulative result of your past choices. You can choose differently today and trust that your body will catch up.

I wish you the best!
  • cmfaris8
    cmfaris8 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hey Kim! We've all been there I'm sure.

Use those pictures as motivation. I have this horrendous picture that jump started my weight loss on my fridge and phone so whenever I feel like stuffing my face I can look at it.

I remember one day I was so miserable and all I wanted was chocolate cake, instead I went out for a short walk. The fresh air cleared my mind and refocused my attention on something else. There are some great walking apps that really motivate you to set goals for yourself. Also just wearing a pedometer can make you subconsciously walk more.

Its the baby steps that are most important. We don't just wake up one morning skinny and healthier. Weight loss is a marathon. Sometimes we feel down and we cheat or have bad days but true success comes from how you recover from those days.

Just know you aren't alone. We are all on this forum for a reason.
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm massively overweight - look horrendous on photos, struggle to play with my child and cannot find ANYTHING that looks "my age" or flattering in any way .

so why am I sitting here thinking of stuffing my face to make me feel better??

oh, and I cant even get through halfway of the fit test on insanity without feeling like I'm going to die....

oh and my names Kim.....Hi.

Lol.

Hey Sweetie!
    We have all been where you have been. Listen to what others have to say. They are a great support! Taking baby steps may work for you and before you know it you have completed the fit test on insanity.
    Just know you aren't alone.