Hello from Colorado...

Options
Hi! I'm approaching 50 years old in a few months, and need / want to lose 50 lbs. by the end of the year. I started a portion control / more fruits-veggies about 6-7 weeks ago and have lost 16 lbs. so far. Just wanted to reach out to see if there's any other Colorado folks out there that are struggling with losing their weight.

Replies

• trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi, MDeanne! Where in Colorado are you? I'm in Erie!
  • mdeanne
    mdeanne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in Englewood. I'm new to myfitnesspal.com. Have you been using it awhile, and if so, do you like it?
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i live in arvada. welcome!
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You're not too far away -- that's just south of Denver, isn't it? I'm just north of Denver.

I only joined yesterday, but I absolutely LOVE this site! I've made so many new friends already. I love the food diary and the accountability of writing things down. It really keeps me in line, which is what I need!
  • mdeanne
    Options
    It's great to hear from some others in Colorado! Thanks for the welcome, and also your opinion on this site. I heard about it yesterday on The Today Show. There was a woman on the show that had lost a LOT of weight and mentioned she used this free site to help her with her long journey. I'm glad I checked it out. In looking around here, it seems like a great place to track and meet new friends. Thanks again!!
  • mdeanne
    Options
    Oh, and yes, Englewood is south of Denver. I live in the older Englewood neighborhood... not near the Centennial border. Closer to Washington Park.
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    I'm between Denver and Boulder, in Broomfield. Nice to meet you!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm in Lakewood
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! Glad you joined us here!

I'm in SE Aurora, just east of the Cherry Creek Rez
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! I'm in unincorporated Arapahoe County with an Englewood address, surrounded by Greenwood Village and Centennial! This is a great place, lots of helpful stuff for getting to a healthy lifestyle. Use the Search for questions you may have, there are a lot of topics that have been addressed over the years and I'm sure that someone has already asked the questions you may be wondering about.

Laura80111:smile:
  • mdeanne
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Nice to see some CO neighbors here. I like this site already! :smile:
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Hello from Denver!! I live out by Stapleton :smile: This place is amazing and it really works!!:flowerforyou: