Options

Replies

• JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and weigh 122 lbs.

Ankle : 8.5"
    Calf: 14.5"

I have never thought my ankles or calves were too big. I do see lots of girls with smaller ankles and calves though. Girls with calves the size of their ankles look pretty silly to me, but everyone is built differently.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Yeah, skinny ankles just make me feel like I have fat thighs. Proportion would be nice:)
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    Good god. I have enough things to worry about without adding ankle size to the list.

WELL NOT ALL OF US ARE BLESSED WITH WONDERFUL ANKLES LIKE YOU, MS. GOODLOOKINANKLES :angry:

Wanna see them?

OH I DO!!!!

*kitten*_zps239dddf0.gif
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity I had to measure mine and my ankles are big but WOW I have huge calves. I have always had unattractive legs (i mean the whole leg, thighs right down to my ankles) I hope it changes when I lose more weight.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Good god. I have enough things to worry about without adding ankle size to the list.

WELL NOT ALL OF US ARE BLESSED WITH WONDERFUL ANKLES LIKE YOU, MS. GOODLOOKINANKLES :angry:

Wanna see them?

OH I DO!!!!

*kitten*_zps239dddf0.gif

I swear by the pasty skin of my gapless haunches, that's the funniest gif I've ever seen.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Ditto.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I'm finally too old to care anymore about my large ankles, evidenced by me showing off my awesome piggy socks. Try to make peace with it!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    this thread makes baby jesus cry.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Not to dismiss your concern, but, surely, we have enough to worry about? I refuse to measure my ankles. However, I can tell you, without a measuring tape, that I have Fred Flintstone feet. What I do is stay away from dainty-looking shoes that emphasize that, and stick with sturdy things. Because what are you supposed to do about it, anyway? There's literally no answer for it. Partly because no one has really seen this as a problem.

I tend to get 'invisible' shoes. Which means a thick or chunky sole and/or heel to balance things out with shape, while not drawing attention to the area with colour.

Wedges, platforms, or wide-heeled pumps are ok if they don't hurt you. No kitten heels or stilettos. Some kind of height helps, not just flats. (Me I can't do more than 2", with a platform in the toe.)

For colour: in summer, not stark black or white, and not brights, but something close to the colour or intensity of your skin tone (whatever that is). I'm fairly pale so I do lighter beiges/tans or pastels. If I were a WoC I might go for deeper neutrals in the tan/brown family, or more saturated colours outside of that.

Delicate straps, no. Chunky straps across the top of the foot, no (cuts off the foot/leg line).

Also look at where hems hit your legs, should be at the narrowest point, not right across the widest.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    this thread makes baby jesus cry.

EVERYTHING makes baby Jesus cry. He's a crybaby.
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    7.6 and 13.2
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This made me curious. I'm 9 for ankles and 15 1/4 for calves. My lower legs are one thing I like right now on my body. I've still got about 40lb to lose so the other numbers aren't so hot.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Before I look for the tape measure, I have to say, I love my legs. As anyone on my friend list for long enough knows, if I'm feeling down about anything I post a leg pic because it makes me smile.

8.5inch
    15inch

And I love them. Perfectly curvy and lovely. I could stare at them for hours.

[last pregnancy they swelled up like balloons, so I may soon have very different measurements...]
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Ankles are the new thigh gap.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a joke thread. I really did.

Ditto! It has never occurred to me to measure my ankles!!!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    Ankles are the new thigh gap.

No, they aren't.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Don't fixate so much on specific body parts that you cannot change. My guess is that you're the only one even noticing.
    It's called spotlight effect.

My ankles are 9.25" and my calves are 17.25"... but I like my lower legs.
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Ok so this just made me too curious. I think my ankles are pretty thin but I'm sure they look that way because my calves are big (played soccer from 5-16) and its genetic, my moms legs are pretty much the same.

Ankle - 8 1/4

Calf - 16 1/2

Told you my calves were big! :laugh:
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'll add mine for comparison sake. I'm 5'5", currently weigh 172 lbs. My ankles are 9.5" and my calves are 14.5".
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    My ankles are 8"

calves are 14"