Why I Don't Have A Photo.

Options
13»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Want a cookie? LOL what's the point of this post?

What was the point of your response?
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    mfpcopine - the 'blue head' avatar comes across as cold and impersonal, and projects "I don't really have my heart in this". This is why so many people don't warm up to, or trust, the accounts with just the blue head avatar.

I understand wanting privacy. My avatar is not of me, but of an actress I admire. It easily could have be a picture of sushi, or a motivational quote. Something that says "I want to be part of this community" instead of "I just like to argue in threads"
  • ninnyfurr74
    ninnyfurr74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks needed the laugh!! That was great, but then I have an odd sense of humor lol!
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I just received a message from someone

WHY U NO REPLY? :/
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Strange. I have been here over a year and have never been subjected to judgmental opinions. I put enough information on my profile so people know the basics about me without giving my life history. My first picture was a NJ interstate sign. :)
  • Nicoleace22
    Nicoleace22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't trust anyone who doesn't use a photo avatar on internet forums.

Exactly! LOL!
  • Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Options
    I've had cretins message me sexual things on MFP. I just it just never occurred to me to respond to them seriously.

I usually like responding with a big old "MARRIED, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL"

Seems to get them to stop
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Someone messaged a friend of mine asking if they were single! I didn't realize this was a dating site! lol

oh but it is....
  • lildebbie121
    lildebbie121 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My DH asked me not to put my picture, that is why I don't. I do think it is nice to put an name and face together though. I didn't know there were avatar police on this site.
  • michellehale
    michellehale Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want everyone to know how Sirius I am about my weight loss journey.

Niiiice!!!
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I just received a message from someone who came off as unbalanced. Among other things, the person criticized me for not posting a photo. That message confirmed the wisdom of my decision to use the My Fitness Pal generic avatar, as well as my decision not to post too much identifying information about myself.

I've never been overweight and use MFP to monitor my weight maintenance. I have nothing to prove to anyone and, as I always suggest to everyone, I use my own judgment when it comes to diet and fitness.

My posts are always meant to be helpful, but it's abundantly clear that some people here are only interested in having their own opinions confirmed, even if they are on their 100th weight loss "journey."

I like this "My posts are always meant to be helpful"
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    We disburse way too much information over the Internet. I don't fault you for not wanting to post a picture and wanting to keep a low profile.

This. I removed my picture when I googled my MFP name and saw my smiling face. My page was locked tho...

Of course you are gonna find yourself if you specifically search for yourself and your specific username...

I was just thinking the same thing. I bet my husband doesn't even know my username off the top of his head. :noway:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    We disburse way too much information over the Internet. I don't fault you for not wanting to post a picture and wanting to keep a low profile.
    Exactly.
  • cheyennekl
    cheyennekl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Someone messaged a friend of mine asking if they were single! I didn't realize this was a dating site! lol

:smile: He he he any site that encourages interaction between it's members will eventually be used as a dating site, whether it is meant to be or not!
  • Mac_MFP
    Mac_MFP Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A photo doesn't tell the whole picture...
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Hmmm. I should post more about things that irritate me

Ha! That's a fantastic idea! Complaining on the internet . . . I think people might take to it!
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Probably because this the Internet and on the Internet if there's a picture; someone's probably going at it to that picture right now.

Someone with an ab fetish is "going at it" to your picture right now. :)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP about never being careful enough.

That is why I choose to go a step further! Not only will I use the standard forums avatar, I will take extra percussion and hide his identity!

Now I can go around the forums and fight crime! Whenever the mods are asleep I will be out there fighting trolls and combating broscience!

From this day on vtmoon is no more, I am The Stache!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    i would have went with, I'm a vampire, we do not photograph!

ROFL!!!!

/end thread :laugh: