Teachers looking for summer support

Options
I don't know about anyone else, but although summer may mean more time to exercise, there is too much lack of structure. I get caught up in projects and carried away with kids activities and traveling and I get off the healthy track.

I'd love to add some accountability buddies, and I do have the time to give good feed back:)

Right now, besides eating right, my goals are to try new exercise approaches and to make the time everyday, preferably in the mornings before distractions take over.

Replies

• ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :smile:
    I also have trouble with the lack of structure that comes with summer break. We can help to keep each other accountable.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Add me! I am lost as a goose this summer and feel like I am just waking up each morning, checking the weather and then deciding what to do. We get only 8-10 weeks and that will be interrupted with some sort of professional development. Just enough to get a routine going only to mess it up with work LOL.
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

Why is it that most teachers need and want the consistency of our daily schedules??? I crave and function best with my daily routine.
  • frogeeteacher
    Options
    Add me too. I'm a second grade teacher. We aren't out of school for another 2 weeks... can't wait!
  • algebravoodoo
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

Why is it that most teachers need and want the consistency of our daily schedules??? I crave and function best with my daily routine.

It came for me long before I became a teacher. There is comfort in consistency.

I can wing it with the best, though, as long as I am in my classroom.
  • MsND
    MsND Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I decided to log in to my fitness pal each day, and to walk as often as possible. So, I plan to walk first, before I do anything else. Because I know I can come up with a million excuses each day not to.
  • annie_e12
    annie_e12 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm out for summer, but I will begin teaching summer school in two weeks, which I love! It lasts 4 hours/day for 6 weeks, which leaves me with just enough time to squeeze in some extra workouts! I really want to lose 20 lbs before school starts again in August.
  • algebravoodoo
    Options
    Me too! I'm out for summer, but I will begin teaching summer school in two weeks, which I love! It lasts 4 hours/day for 6 weeks, which leaves me with just enough time to squeeze in some extra workouts! I really want to lose 20 lbs before school starts again in August.

You know, if I could teach all year like summer school, I think I'd be happy with year-round classes.
    Our regular year begins August 2nd. It will still be 100+* outside!!
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options

You know, if I could teach all year like summer school, I think I'd be happy with year-round classes.

Oh wow! Where do you teach? We go back the fourth Monday in August and its still hot here in Texas too.
  • feelinggreat140
    feelinggreat140 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to walk, garden, and do yard work during the summer when I am off school. I would be glad to be support.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Special Ed teacher, so I'll be teaching summer school part time. It's perfect because it keeps me somewhat busy and in a daily routine, but still plenty of time for extra workouts. I also have 4 triathlons planned for the summer, so the motivation and training structure is also there to keep me accountable. My biggest problem is all those summer foods - especially the ice cream!
  • feelinggreat140
    feelinggreat140 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One year I decided I wanted to walk to certain destinations. I made a map and each day I walked I marked how far I had gotten. I walked to NY City from the Finger Lakes and then started off to my sister's in Wisconsin. It is amazing to see how fast the miles add up. Any one up for that????
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Teacher, too! We've been out 1.5 weeks and I am already bonkers! Working out at the gym helps a lot. Went on a family bike ride tonight - great fun! I feel crazy when people ask me if I"m glad to be out for summer because I am really not! Would love support!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I struggle with eating during the summer. Think cuz I'm around all day with nothing to do.
  • TheMMan
    TheMMan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Community college prof. I'm swamped the next 2 weeks and then I only have an evening class during July and August. My problem during the school year is I have a yo-yo for a schedule with absolutely no structure. Looking for support. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • algebravoodoo
    Options

Oh wow! Where do you teach? We go back the fourth Monday in August and its still hot here in Texas too.

Mississippi. Charleston, East Tallahatchie District. We still use Microsoft Office 2003. :sad: