The Fast Metabolism Diet

Options

Replies

• vickimciveredwards
    vickimciveredwards Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My post specifically asked for feedback from anyone else doing this diet....not every know-it-all who hasnt even read the book. THATS what im seeing...
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I thought this site was supposed to be supportive, helpful, motivating, and educational?

All I see is negative comments.....here is the thing, what works for YOU, doesn't work for other people...... everyone is different so if someone wants to do something, there is really no need to belittle them!

I am a beachbody coach, and I am up in weight due to medications, and im highly thinking about doing this...so if you have anything MEAN to say, keep it to yourself!
  • phillyb2013
    phillyb2013 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    FYI: I am on my third day and I am liking the results, have been dieting on and off and I know I have been eating the wrong things even though I was keeping within my 1200 - 1400 calorie.

I am loosing weight and I am not hungry...so it is working for me, phase 2 I thought would be challenging but I made it through the first day on this phase, lol and so far have lost 3lbs this week.

As for the negative input, I dont have time for any negativity.....I focus on the positive and so true not every plan will work for everyone...ya'll need to find what works for you and share it and you may just help someone from your share but not everyone will agree so be it, we are all different :-) Have a great day ya'll.....
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    LOL no cheese? NO way!!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Look, promoting change takes a first step, and a "direction choice". I agree with the people above, that if it is not sustainable, your "journey" will become a circle (meaning you will gain the weight back, when you revert to old bad habits.)

If this is working for you, super!! Just keep in mind that, as everyone says, these new choices must become habits to be effective.
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid i am one of those not seeing the negative comments either, i'm seeing constructive criticism and lively debate.

I've never read the book, and so i'm not going to judge, but personally it sounds too...controlled for me. I like to be able to eat what i want, when i want, and so i am a firm believer in the calories in vs calories out way of doing things. If i want to eat a pastie, i will eat a god damn pastie, regardless of what day it is!

I know people keep banging on about a lifesyle change, but i truly believe that is the best way forward. I've done diets, where you follow this plan for a month, or you do this for 28 days and it may work for that time, but afterwards i have always found that i gained it all back, plus some. So i think these kinds of diets work if you want to look hot in a bikini for your summer break, but don't expect to maintain it.

Everyone is different, and it's great that you've found something that works for you, but the majority of people posting here aren't trying to insult you or undermime you, they are simply telling you what they have learnt from experience. It may be worth listening to them whether you agree with what they saying or not, because you may find that actually you do put everything back on after the 28 days is up, (you might not, i'm just saying), and then what will you do? Probably come back here and ask for support and get told exactly the same thing again.

I'm not having a go, i'm just pointing out that the majority of people on these forums go for the 'tough love' approach.
  • dawnrenee1
    dawnrenee1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been on this plan since 5/6. I be lost 12 lbs. I am never hungry and I feel great. All I know for sure is it's working for me and nothing else did. Any time you go back to your "old way of eating" you will gain the weight back. The secret is to find a weight loss plan that you can adapt into a maintenance plan. For me this will work. It may not be for everyone.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I read through this whole thread, and what I got from it is: You are looking to find different ideas that will help you tweak and make changes that unique and work for you (and really, the money part is irrelevant!) I agree with the comment that if you're looking for an idea of scheduling, it works. If you're looking for new recipes, it works. If you're looking to find that magic bullet that will make you suddenly healthy, skinny, and happy - - well, I don't think that's anywhere (sadly!)

BUT my opinion is that you can officially ignore the guy who keeps chiming in saying that it's simply calories in vs calories out. He has never had a hormone surge and has no idea what differences women go through trying to become healthy.

My two cents - - give it a whirl. It doesn't seem any worse than any of the other methods out there. Keep in mind why you're on this journey - is it just to be "skinny" (short term at best) or is it to be "healthy" (long term - this lifestyle change of which they speak).

What are you wiling to do to attain that final goal? I'm looking forward to hearing what your final outcome is with this tweak. :bigsmile:

so calories somehow distinguish between a male and a female? Explain to me how a calorie "knows" if eat is being consumed by a male or a female?

look, if you eat too much you gain weight, eat less you lose weight...problem solved..24.99 saved...

I do know that I have gone on diets with my husband, worked out more, and he lost more weight. A calorie may not be able to distinguish between male and female, but a female body metabolizes calories differently than a man's body. Period. I found this thread because I am thinking of buying the book. I've been doing MFP for a few years. I work out 3-5X a week, with a variety of cardio and weight training, and eat very healthy (always have) and fall within my caloric goals. MFP says I should be losing. I've been stuck at the same weight for about six months now and am very frustrated.

My son, 25, has the opposite problem. He cannot gain weight no matter what he eats. Your "if you eat too much you gain weight, eat less you lose weight" is very unhelpful and is way too simplistic. It just doesn't work that way all the time. In theory, yes. In real life, definitely not.
  • Nicoleace22
    Nicoleace22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    if spending 24.95 helps me with meal planning, food suggestions and recipes, I think its worth it.

You are absolutely right. If it works for you than I support you!
    :flowerforyou:

If it doesn't we are still here trying to be supportive.:smile:

Personally, I have a nobody can tell me what to do mentality so it I know it won't work for me.

Do it and have fun. Keeping it interesting will be a continuous part of your weight loss journey.
  • vreid69
    vreid69 Posts: 2
    Options
    Things get wacky for women when they get older. Metabolism slowing and losing muscle starting at 40 at a higher rate than men. Now before he starts to enlighten me, I hit the gym 6 days a week. I hit the weights hard and heavy. Sure, that helps. This diet is healthy. It encourages the eating of healthy carbs, protein, fruits, vegetables and good fats.

I'm blown away that this lady wanted some input and all the know it alls got so rude. "everyone knows that" "it's your money"

Of course if you can do a 28 day HEALTHY diet and shed a fair amount of pounds it can motivate you to be healthier and start changing your lifestyle so you can develop a way of eating that can become a lifestyle. Haters gonna hate. I hope the plan works great for you!
  • vreid69
    vreid69 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm curious to know how it worked out for you. Crazy all the negative comments people label as "construction critisism". And you weren't looking for lively debate. I'm a healthy person. Work out often, eat well. But I've found many people in the catagory of those that work out and eat a healthy diet are definitely judgmental know it alls. And they look for every opportuntity to tell you what you are doing wrong and how THEY do it right. Pssst.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    did not read thread but you didnt lose 3 lbs of fat. more water weight than anything
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    did not read thread but you didnt lose 3 lbs of fat. more water weight than anything

amen ...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I read through this whole thread, and what I got from it is: You are looking to find different ideas that will help you tweak and make changes that unique and work for you (and really, the money part is irrelevant!) I agree with the comment that if you're looking for an idea of scheduling, it works. If you're looking for new recipes, it works. If you're looking to find that magic bullet that will make you suddenly healthy, skinny, and happy - - well, I don't think that's anywhere (sadly!)

BUT my opinion is that you can officially ignore the guy who keeps chiming in saying that it's simply calories in vs calories out. He has never had a hormone surge and has no idea what differences women go through trying to become healthy.

My two cents - - give it a whirl. It doesn't seem any worse than any of the other methods out there. Keep in mind why you're on this journey - is it just to be "skinny" (short term at best) or is it to be "healthy" (long term - this lifestyle change of which they speak).

What are you wiling to do to attain that final goal? I'm looking forward to hearing what your final outcome is with this tweak. :bigsmile:

so calories somehow distinguish between a male and a female? Explain to me how a calorie "knows" if eat is being consumed by a male or a female?

look, if you eat too much you gain weight, eat less you lose weight...problem solved..24.99 saved...

I do know that I have gone on diets with my husband, worked out more, and he lost more weight. A calorie may not be able to distinguish between male and female, but a female body metabolizes calories differently than a man's body. Period. I found this thread because I am thinking of buying the book. I've been doing MFP for a few years. I work out 3-5X a week, with a variety of cardio and weight training, and eat very healthy (always have) and fall within my caloric goals. MFP says I should be losing. I've been stuck at the same weight for about six months now and am very frustrated.

My son, 25, has the opposite problem. He cannot gain weight no matter what he eats. Your "if you eat too much you gain weight, eat less you lose weight" is very unhelpful and is way too simplistic. It just doesn't work that way all the time. In theory, yes. In real life, definitely not.

how many fat/obese people do you know who eat in a caloric deficit?
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options

amen ...

Also didn't read the thread. Still getting coffee tomorrow.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

You seem to have a big misunderstanding about calories work.

calories are not metabolized. macronutrients are. PERIOD

women have a much small caloric window then men. So a miscalculation can be much more forgiving on a man.

your son is not eating as much as he thinks he does.

have him drink milk shakes 5x a day with ice cream over 2 weeks and tell me he doesnt gain weight
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

It would be sooo cool if it were that simple. Maybe if you read it, it might see things a tad differently.

But it is that simple.. MFP is free and full of great advice and help.

yes, although mentally it's not simple for many people.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I thought this site was supposed to be supportive, helpful, motivating, and educational?

All I see is negative comments.....here is the thing, what works for YOU, doesn't work for other people...... everyone is different so if someone wants to do something, there is really no need to belittle them!

I am a beachbody coach, and I am up in weight due to medications, and im highly thinking about doing this...so if you have anything MEAN to say, keep it to yourself!

our bodies are not beyond the laws of thermodynamics. be 'different' all you want, but unless you have a medical condintion, we all follow the same equations for losing fat.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My post specifically asked for feedback from anyone else doing this diet....not every know-it-all who hasnt even read the book. THATS what im seeing...

Rude
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    The things posted in this thread are just about the opposite of what I would do to increase metabolic capacity.