Wearing My Old Pants Again!

Options
Right now, I am wearing one of my old pants - and its a size 6! I'm wearing a size 6 again! OMG!!!

And these pants are from Express, the editor design. I bought them several years ago right before my weight exploded, and I kept them just in case I would be able to fit into them again.

And I am! Holy crap! They're a little tight, yes, but who cares?! I'm losing weight! Victory is mine!

I'm going to try on my other pants to see if I can fit or almost fit into them too.

:bigsmile:

Replies

• kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    That is a great feeling congrats!!
  • CielArdent9
    CielArdent9 Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks! I'll need to take a new pic to show the results. The one I have is from early March.
  • keatsgeckos
    keatsgeckos Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi,

I'm right there with you. Went shopping over the weekend and I'm in a size 6 again as well :) Feels good, doesn't it?
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I love the feeling of reaching a goal. Keep it up.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Oooooh, congrats!!!! That's an awesome NSV!!! :) Especially from Express :)
  • Haima
    Haima Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome and exciting!!! Way to go! :smile:
  • CielArdent9
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

BTW - what does NSV stand for?

Another great thing to report: I went to the doctor's for a check-up. My last one was a year ago, back when I weighed 197. Now I'm 177. 20 pounds lost in 1 year!!!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Good for you!
  • mdraper60
    mdraper60 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! I didn't get rid of any of my smaller clothes. I have my favorites hung up so I can see them as motivation and all the rest in totes in my basement so I have them when I need them! :happy: :happy:
  • CielArdent9
    Options
    What a great feeling! I didn't get rid of any of my smaller clothes. I have my favorites hung up so I can see them as motivation and all the rest in totes in my basement so I have them when I need them! :happy: :happy:

Once a month, I try on my old clothes that I saved after my weight gain. Each month, they get easier to put on. I usually call this time "The Eternal Struggle" but lately that doesn't apply anymore. (Extra points to anyone who knows what show and episode that term is from :happy: )
  • maryanni1988
    Options
    I kept mine too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I feel like as long as I still have them, I haven't completely given up on myself! lol
  • maryanni1988
    Options
    Oh and congrats!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    congratulations, it is a great feeling isn't it? Keep up the good work.:flowerforyou:
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Nice... congrats!!
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    NSV = Non Scale Victory

ie, victory of sorts not measured on the scale, as in there is more than one way to see your changes.

Looser fitting clothes, thinner looking face, muscles or veins making an appearance, fitness milestones, compliments from others, etc are all NSVs.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I love shopping in my closet as I am losing weight and am bummed when the jeans I loved just don't fit the same as I remember. After 4 kiddos my body is shaped differently...but it is still fun. Except when you run into that awesome top you just loved and now the material is faded or the elastic is stretched or it is just so dated it must go into the goodwill pile...makes me sad.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

BTW - what does NSV stand for?

Another great thing to report: I went to the doctor's for a check-up. My last one was a year ago, back when I weighed 197. Now I'm 177. 20 pounds lost in 1 year!!!

NSV stands for Non Scale Victory!

Congratulations! I can't wait to fit into some of my smaller clothes! They are calling my name!!
  • wadams64
    wadams64 Posts: 19
    Options
    I cant wait to lose weight and fit in a size 10 again!!!
  • CielArdent9
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Great job! I was scrounging through my jeans a few weeks back and found an old pair that I used to wear in high school. Tried them on for a lark and they were too big! And I mean WAY too big!! I believe they were a size 7. I also tried on 2 pairs of size 5 shorts, One fit perfect and the other was just a touch tighter than I would have wanted (I don't like to squish my fat at all and give myself muffin tops haha)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!