Help/Suggestions needed

Options
I am new to this site and hopefully doing this post properly. We are doing a weight loss challenge at work and I joined to help motivate me as I start this weight loss journey again...my concern is the amount of calories...MFP says 1260 and the challenge leader did the diet analysis on Diet to Go and came up with 1600. I followed the plan and tracked calories since last wednesday and lost only .80 pounds. I exercised 4 days last week. I don't want to get discouraged, but .80 pounds?

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    0.8 pounds is almost a whole pound! That's more than recommended for less than a week's time. MFP recommends 1/2 lb per week but will show you how to accomplish up to 2 lbs/week. If you are interested in losing more then try lowering your calorie intake a bit or increasing your exercise. MFP does not recommend you go below 1200 net calories (calories ON TOP of what you burned with exercise). Good luck to you!!!
  • rebel14
    rebel14 Posts: 33
    Options
    Dont get discouraged, keep up the diligence and youll be rewarded !!! Thats a modest/positive loss for less than a week on MFP.
  • susanleigh
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am trying to keep it positive! Sometimes it feels like you are working so hard, you just need to see that reward.