i want to see 1200-1400 calorie diets!

Options

Replies

• Irene514
    Irene514 Posts: 62
    Options
    My diary is open. I rarely go over 1200 calories, with the exception of about two "off" days a week (which themselves never exceed 1500 cals)
  • OCTOBERLISA
    OCTOBERLISA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    No breakfast, spinach salad and cottage cheese for lunch (300-400 cal), the rest goes to dinner. A 900 calorie dinner is filling until the next afternoon.
  • arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    1430 calorie typical day:

Breakfast (7:30-11am)-

Oatmeal + fruit
    OR
    No-fat plain greek yogurt with granola 1/8-1/4 cup granola
    OR
    Egg white omelette + spinach + peppers + 2 slices bacon + a piece of fruit

Early Lunch (11am-2pm)-

Spinach salad topped with a protein and veggies + some veggies and hardboiled eggs
    OR
    a cup of Soup + cottage cheese + a small salad
    OR
    Hummus and veggies + a sweet potato + a 3-4 oz protein
    OR
    Cottage cheese + a sweet potato + a piece of fruit

Late Lunch (2pm-5pm)-
    Same types of choices as early lunch

Dinner (5pm-9pm)-
    3-4 oz protein + spinach salad with veggies
    OR
    Stir-fried veggies & protein
    OR
    Beans + meat + veggies + a side salad

Snacks (throughout day or later in the evening-
    Green Tea
    Air-popped popcorn, plain
    Cottage cheese
    a Picky Bar
    piece of fruit
    trail mix
    some kind of "healthy" cracker or pretzel snack occasionally
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1200 + exercise calories right now, may up it to 1500 next week depending on how I weigh in. My diary is open if you're interested!

I usually eat Honey Nut O's cereal with greek yogurt for breakfast then snack through the day on strawberries, carrots, cucumbers, corn, animal crackers, a luna bar, a peanut butter and jelly, etc until dinner, which is usually a lean cuisine, chicken and rice, lean pork, and so on. Occasionally I save up calories for a dessert on the days that I exercise :)
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    Mine isn't open, but let's just put this out there...

LOTS OF VEGGIES, especially green ones.

That's the only way I can do it. I have to fill my stomach, but it doesn't have to be calorie dense.

I'm still figuring it out, though...
  • Nicoleace22
    Nicoleace22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I like ALL FOOD. Take a peek.
  • miriams76
    miriams76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just changed my diary to public. You can take a look... Most days I am between 1250 and 1400.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I eat 1360 on non-workout days. Yesterday my day was -

B- Coffee, half and half, sugar, 4 hard boiled eggs and a banana (approx. 220)
    L- Sliced Roast Beef and Ham, cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers (approx. 330)
    S- Strawberries and Chobani yogurt (approx. 200)
    D- Hibachi style chicken with zucchini and onions with Japanese white sauce (approx. 450)
    D - Vodka Soda (approx. 100) and watermelon (approx. 50)

Hard boiled eggs are at the least...60 calories each. Your breakfast was at least 350 calories.....
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1200. Today I had:

Breakfast - 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt 0%, 60g Strawberries (~2), 30g Blackberries, .5 oz Nut Mix

Lunch - Guacamole Deviled Eggs (Made w/ 6 whites. Filling: 1.5 yolks, 4 tbsp guac, 1 tbsp low fat mayo)

Snack - A few slices of full fat cheese. 1/2 a bell pepper and a Laughing Cow wedge. 1 String cheese. I guess I had a lot of cheese today haha.

Dinner - 2-4 oz turkey burger patties w/ tomato, fat free cheese, mustard and reduced sugar ketchup. Grilled romaine salad w/ yogurt caesar dressing and parmesan.

Dessert - Homemade ice cream w/ almond milk.

This was actually all around 1250 calories but you get the gist.
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    my diary is open. I eat pretty clean about 1200 calories
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    1200-1400 intake is very different from 1200-1400 net, if I didn't run and get to eat exercise calories I'd be one miserable *kitten*, I net an average of 1250 calories/a day per week but this means there are days when I am eating 2000 calories or even more, I think my diary is public, if not shoot me a FR and then you'll def be able to see it
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    mine is 1450, my diary is open
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my food diary. I eat lots of all natural food which allows me to eat greater quantities than eating lots of processed stuff. I eat nothing weird and just about everything can be bought in an average supermarket. I eat three complete meals a day, but do not snack.....
    I cook everything from scratch, but do not spend more than 30 minutes a day in the kitchen.
    I eat around 1200 calories taking into consideration that I am 5 feet tall and older, but I feel great( especially since I have not eaten pasta and potatoes for 50 days and bread only once a week ) and am losing weight. I am not eating a low carb diet getting my carbs from lots of vegetables and fruit to a much lesser degree....about two fruits a day.
    I also do not eat my exercise calories back, because I wouldn't know what to do with more food.....
  • bd12310007
    bd12310007 Posts: 24
    Options
    My diary is open! I'm usually under my goal but I have a feeling MFP is underestimating calories, and overestimating calories burned.
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: cup of raspberries, 3/4 cup Grape Nut flakes with 1/3 cup 1% milk
    Lunch: 2 spring rolls with 1 tsp. peanut sauce, 2 California rolls with 1 tsp. soy sauce
    Dinner: 3 oz. of French Bread, 1 grilled orange bell pepper chopped
    Snacks: 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, 1 tbsp. chocolate syrup, 1 tbsp. crushed peanuts, 1/12 of a large apple pie, 5 chocolate-covered raisins

This is about 1350 calories. I definitely have a sweet tooth. :heart: My calorie goal is 1200 and I burned 290 calories today.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I eat 1360 on non-workout days. Yesterday my day was -

B- Coffee, half and half, sugar, 4 hard boiled eggs and a banana (approx. 220)
    L- Sliced Roast Beef and Ham, cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers (approx. 330)
    S- Strawberries and Chobani yogurt (approx. 200)
    D- Hibachi style chicken with zucchini and onions with Japanese white sauce (approx. 450)
    D - Vodka Soda (approx. 100) and watermelon (approx. 50)

You might want to check out some of your calories. Some look like they are on the low side. No big deal, but I thought you might want to know. Your breakfast is really low. Four eggs and a banana alone are between 340-380 calories and that is not counting the half&half and the sugar.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I've been at 1230 for a few months now. I'm older (54) didn't have a lot to lose (35 pounds gone and at goal weight), and have been on MFP for a year. I was never more than 1370 and I've been under 1300 for maybe 10 months.

It was easy to tell you the truth. You just have to watch what you're eating and exercise a little (and I mean a little). I walk maybe an hour a day, which definitely helps me hit it.

I dropped calories that weren't' important to me and ate what I wanted the rest of the time in small portions.

I drink almost nothing with calories in it except for cream in my coffee once a day and one teaspoon of sugar a day. Lots of water, tea, and black coffee. I drink alcohol once a week - usually a martini or a glass of wine.

I rarely eat bread because I use Fit and Delicious low carb tortillas (50 calories) instead.

Dropped most mayos, butter, dressing. I use balsamic vinegar

I never eat more than an oz of cheese (and I make my own cheese, so that WAS hard.

Typical day:

breakfast: muesli, yoghurt, fruit, espresso 250 calories
    lunch: roast beef rollup with veggies on it, fruit, tea, ginger (200 calories)
    dinner: whatever healthy thing my husband cooks - (usually 400 calories)
    snacks: 1/4 cup ice cream, nuts, fruit, square or Ritter hazelnut chocolate bar

Exercise: 200 calories or so

This gives me a few hundred calories to throw at whatever I feel like throwing them at if I don't exercise. If I exercise I'm usually under.
  • hrhboo
    hrhboo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Steelcut oats or 2 whole eggs or cottage cheese w/ fruit = 150 cals

Lunch - Turkey chili with whole grain bread and green salad = 350 cals

Dinner - 6oz grilled fish or chicken, broccoli, cous cous/quinoa = 450 cals

Snacks = around 250 cals total, usually a combination of a few of the following:
    Rice cake with 0.5 tbsp peanut butter (85)
    String cheese (50)
    Snack bag Pirate's Booty (65)
    Yogurt (60)
    Chips or cookies or popcorn (100 cal packs)
    Seaweed snax or kale chips (60)
    Nuts/dried fruit (100)
    Bowl of berries (50)
    Dark chocolate (80)
    Glass of wine (100)

I get a LOT of food out of my 1200 cals/day, I'm always snacking and my meals are filling and substantial. It's very easy to stick to as long as you keep the focus on nutrient dense foods with lots of protein and fiber. On exercise days I include additional snacks or a protein shake to eat back some of the cals.
  • babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am set for 1450 calories daily but I tend to have a couple of days where I am slightly under and a couple where I'm slightly over. I eat my main meal of the day at noon and cook a lot of things from scratch. I eat bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, noodles etc but I weigh and measure everything. Below is yesterday's meals. Breakfast was a protein shake with oats, lunch was a jerk chicken filled tortilla with side salad and dinner was cod on a bed of kale and spring onion with toasted croutons.

Breakfast
    Asda - Fresh Milk Semi-Skimmed, 250 ml 125
    Holland & Barrett - Precision Engineered Whey Protein - Cookies & Cream, 23 g 86
    Tesco - Scottish Porridge Oats 50g, 25 g 93

Lunch
    Birds Eye (Uk) - Crispy Chicken Breast, 1 breast 215
    Discovery - Garlic & Coriander Tortilla Wrap, 80 g 232
    Asda - Caribbean Style Hot Jerk Sauce, 10 g 11
    Onions - Raw, 2 small 59
    Tesco - Curly Kale *Organic, 50 g (1/2 packet) 20
    Heinz - Salad Cream Extra Light 70% Less Fat, 1 Serving (15g) 22

Dinner
    Young's Chip Shop - Large Cod Fillets (120g Fillet), 1 fillet 252 Kingsmill Crusts Away Soft to the Edge - White, 2 slice 100
    Sainsbury's - Curly Leaf Kale, 100 g

Raw - Spring Onion, 20 grams
    Snacks
    Walkers - Baked Hoops and Crosses Roast Beef Flavour, 18 g (85)

Totals 1,340
  • Nicole6
    Nicole6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I'm set at 1400 a day and usually end up in the 1300s. It's very heavy on protein and veggies because that gives me the quantity of food I like.