Not so new, sorta new, sorta shy

Options
I'm Brooke. I joined this almost a year ago. Started out very slow and didn't really update or do much of anything. I'm finally trying to use this to my best advantage. I just started setting my goals properly and updating my statuses.

I'm what the internet calls, "skinny-fat." I have far too high of a body fat percentage than someone my size should. I imagine that if any type of cinematic apocalypse were to happen, I'd have a very low chance of survival... or of being Mila Jovovich.

Anyways, I have no friends on this. I just posted one of my first comments on the boards yesterday. I'm hoping to get into this as best as I can, so I don't fall off the wagon yet again.

Memphis may have lost the WCF, but this Memphis girl isn't going to lose in the bikini season finals. (I needed an odd tagline, I settled with this)

Replies

• theerachele
    theerachele Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello there and welcome! I'm pretty new to the website, but loving it so far! Feel free to add me for support if you'd like! :)
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    Hello. I'm David. I started working out and eating right about three or four months ago and have had some great success so far. I'm going into this as a lifestyle change rather than a "quick-fix" diet. And I'm also pretty new(ish) to the site. In general, I use a combination of this site, mapmyrun and a personal excel sheet that I made to track my progress / nutrition / workouts, etc. I'm planning on posting on the boards more, but we'll see how that goes. Good luck on your goals.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I'm always ready for new friends :smile:

Be warned though, I'm sarcastic, crude, but funny (most of the time)
  • juniperleaves
    Options
    Hey! My name is Sarah. :)

I just started on here a few weeks ago, so I'm pretty new, too! This is my third time on MFP, so I know what you mean about being new but not really being new, haha.

Anywho, feel free to add me if you like!
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Invite sent! Anyone else feel free to add me as well.
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Rule #1 is cardio
  • andreabrabham
    andreabrabham Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Add ME!!
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of you to MFP, it is a great tool to keep you accountable with your nutrition and fitness. I have been using it for about a year now and loving it. add me as a friend and i will keep you motivated, support you and keep you accountable as well....
  • PureLife5891
    PureLife5891 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I can always use more friends!!
  • TheBigFish711
    Options
    Welcome!! And please feel free to add me =) Daily logger and motivator!
  • HTXSNKRHEAD
    HTXSNKRHEAD Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :) I'm a daily user and log EVERYTHING lol and always supporting my friends
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm very active on MFP and supportive also....
  • bszczek
    bszczek Posts: 10
    Options
    Don't be shy! Add me =P
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,
    Friend request sent.
    My name is Yvette and you can reach your goals we have to fight for our happiness, because everyone deserves to be and feel happy. I have battled being obese all my life. Losing weight and gaining it right back. I started at 227lbs and my current weight is 164 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and lose the last 14 lbs of my weight, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weight loss and fitness journey to a healthier us. :smile:
  • realovable
    realovable Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome I have been on here a while but just starting to use it to the best of my ability now. The new food scan feature is awesome. Im here if you need any support!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you, hun :) Good luck and keep at it!