My Journey

Options
My weight loss journey started in September 2009. I'm 6'2 and I weighed 429.4 lbs. My weight had started to really affect my health. I was short of breath, If I slept on my back I would wake myself up snoring, it was hard to bend over and pick up things, and just felt bad in general. I was on two blood pressure meds. HBP and diabetes ran in my family. And I felt my profession of driving a truck would soon be in jeopardy. I wore size 54 pants and 5x shirt. I truly felt I had hit rock bottom.

IMG_1652_zps213fa2f3.jpg

So I started doing lo carb. I figured I had tried to count calories before, but i always seemed hungry. And lo carb worked. A little over a year and had lost 129 lbs and got down to 300lbs. But then a plateau turned into a stalemate. It just stopped working. I continued to eat lo carb but it didn't seem to work anymore. It quickly turned to a year and a half and i was starting to lose focus. by June of 2012 i had gained back up to 322lbs.

So I figured I had to do something. So I decided to count calories. I had just got my first smart phone and I found MFP app.

What I learned is that counting calories was so easy for me! After not being able to eat so many foods, I could now enjoy fruit, bread, and much more.

During that time I ran my first 5K. I've since given up running due to my knees but still try to walk 3 miles 3x a week.

My first goal was 250 lbs. That was my original goal to begin with. Once i hit that my goal was 229.4 to get to 200 lbs lost. I've just reached that. Now i thing i was to get to 214 lbs to reach 50% lost. I think once i hit 210 lbs, that will be my ultimate goal.
As of today i wear a size 36 pants and xl shirt.

It's been just over a year since i started MFP and i am down to 224 lbs for a total of 205.4lbs. I've upped my calories a little to just lose one lb a week. For a long time I've done 2 lbs a week, but finally got down to where it was hard for me to do. And fearing a eating disorder, and getting closer to my goal, I wanted to force myself to eat a little more.

IMG_2654_zpsac545344.jpg

IMG_2688_zps675fadf7.jpg

IMG_2694_zps918de669.jpg

I feel that I can do anything now. Nobody knows how much weight can hold someone back unless they've been through it.

Replies

• Mochila09
    Mochila09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulation! What an incredible and inspiring journey. Thank you for sharing it and continued success!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    High five to you. You should share your story every chance you get. Life can be so much easier with a lighter load.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Bravo! You look great! Your story is inspiring and the results are incredible. Congratulations on achieving your healthy lifestyle!
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just wow!
  • baristanatorLL
    baristanatorLL Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That's incredible. You inspire :smile:
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is a terrific transformation. Thankyou for sharing the details of how you did it too:)
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thank God for that smart phone and MFP, you look awesome! You are a true inspiration to all of us for sure. Congrats to you and I know your heart appreciates it also!
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Very awesome and inspirational. :flowerforyou:
  • ruby1387
    ruby1387 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story!!! You must be really proud of your achievement.
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • angelic1123
    angelic1123 Posts: 45
    Options
    This is AMAZING! You look awesome. You look like the guy from Breaking bad now haha and thats a compliment. Way to go!
  • Gnasher1960
    Gnasher1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing. You should be very, very proud of yourself.
  • djkronyx
    djkronyx Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Incredible journey, incredible willpower, INCREDIBLE RESULTS!
  • cardio_fiend
    Options
    Wow! You've had wonderful results and look great! Congratulations:-)
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! You look great.
  • Johannaf10
    Johannaf10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! you look great!:smile:
  • strum261
    strum261 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Congratulations, you look fantastic. You are a great inspiration to all, thanks for sharing.
  • LennineHooper
    LennineHooper Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done, you look great! What a great achievement. You should be so proud of yourself! Congratulations to you x
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!