Meals for One Picky Eater

Options
So I am looking for meal idea for myself. I am a really picky eater. I really do not know how to incorporate veggies in my meals. The only veggie I really will eat is broccoli. I will eat cauliflower or carrots with ranch :/. I do like ground turkey and I love steak. I do tend to eat a lot of Velveeta Skillet box dinners. I do eat chicken but I really do not like salmon. Is there anyone out there that can help me? I am trying to lose 10 pounds in two months a tone up.

Replies

• MalinLondon
    MalinLondon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, eat only chicken and ground turkey on occasion, no red meat or fish but I do like all veg there is. If you only like broccoli (which is my favourite veg!) eat it with both your lunch and dinner. To not get bored change the way you prepare your broccoli, boil, steam, oven bake, stir fry in soy sauce, chili, garlic, make a broccoli and califlower puree or even eat it raw! Ground turkey makes great burgers. If you are trying to lose weigh stick with lean meat and dark green veg, only eat good carbs in the morning (like porridge) but never after 4pm. Although it is better to listen to what type of diet your body respond rather than other people =) I keep my food interesting by using a lot of different spices, textures etc. and never turn to sauces and they can be very sugary and fatty.
  • droberts3311
    Options
    I make this buffolo califlower, I don't have the recipe with me. I am pretty sure you could google it. You take the califlower and dip it in a batter which is made with whole wheat flour, hot sauce and I think a little milk? Roast it in the oven and I could eat a whole head of it!! So good, but you have to be careful, it is sooo good dipped in ranch...... I do a lot of stir fries, easy, fast and so good. I enjoy creating different flavors each time. Just use your imagination! :smile:
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I used to be a picky eater but then I decided to try everything once to find out what I really liked and now I like so many foods I never thought I would.
    My advice is to try everything and that way you can create your own meals based on things you know you like.