takeawy

Options
Just done a week of low fat eating plan. Normally Friday is takeaway night. Need to eat something that feels like a treat tonight. Needs to be low in fat, and also low in carbs as I normally reduce my carbs at my evening meal. It also needs to be something my partner who is not following a healthy eating program will enjoy. normally would have Indian or Chinese or kebab. Please help as I have been trying to come up with something without success.

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Chicken or Beef Fajitas
    Grilled Mexican Chicken
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    If you had a chicken or lamb kebab (shish kebab, not doner) with salad but no pitta bread, that would be fairly low-fat, low-carb, low-cal.

If you go for Indian then your best bet might be tandoori lamb/chicken/prawn/fish. It's a bit plain, but you could have some salad and maybe raita or mango chutney as a dip. Back when I did low-carb, I did used to eat curries but would have a side dish of sag panneer (spinach and cheese) instead of rice. Sag paneer plus a curry adds up to a lot of calories though! (Also the curries tend to be high fat).

Chinese - I suppose you could have something that didn't involve rice, noodles or batter, such as a chop suey on its own. Personally, I have to have Chinese as a "free meal" because everything I love is high calorie!

If you have a Nando's nearby, they do takeaway and are ideal for low-carbing. I don't think they do delivery, though.
  • janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Big salad, dressing on the side, with a salmon fillet or sliced London broil steak.
    In Portland we have a "breakfast" restaurant that's open 24 hours/day, and it has
    takeaway option.

Also, we have Whole Foods burger bars here. I have them use lettuce leaves
    instead of hamburger bun. The brie mushroom burger is wonderful. You can omit the
    French fries, or change them to sweet potato fries or a side salad.
  • diamondsword
    diamondsword Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks, probably try the kebab or Indian option.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Make a cauliflower crust pizza?
  • Kevinkpcc55
    Kevinkpcc55 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I normally have my chicken kebad special, but leave the pita bread out :-)
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Have an indian or chinese, leave the kebab and then add an extra 30mins or so to your workout. There are lower fat options within Indian and chinese. Chicken sagg is a low indian
  • HDKay
    HDKay Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I ordered takeout last night and had Tom Yam soup & Sui Mai dumplings, still take out, still delicious but under 400kcals! You can do the same on the indian menu but where possible stick to starters and well away from fried dishes x
  • Luciewithienoty
    Luciewithienoty Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd go for either a tandoori mixed grill or a main course chicken tikka/shashlik, and ask for extra salad instead of rice/naan (if it comes with).
    If that's too dry for you, how about tandoori chicken & a tarka daal?
  • chloeobe
    chloeobe Posts: 72
    Options
    Make a Meatza...favourite treat! :love:

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/maindishes/r/meatzapizza.htm

I use turkey mince as its lower in fat and tastes just as good, and favourite toppings:

Passata with lots of herbs for topping
    Feta cheese and goats chese (instead of mozzarella)
    Chiken strips
    Red onion, peppers, olives and jalapenos

Such a treat and pretty damn good for you
  • diamondsword
    Options
    I'd go for either a tandoori mixed grill or a main course chicken tikka/shashlik, and ask for extra salad instead of rice/naan (if it comes with).
    If that's too dry for you, how about tandoori chicken & a tarka daal?
  • diamondsword
    Options
    My partner loves shashlick so I think that will be good. More options than first though.

Thanks