Single Mom on the rise! Introducing myself (again)!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm not new to MFP but this is a new account, I'm back again, starting from scratch :)

I'm a 32 year old single mom of three, and a nurse. Its been a bumpy 6 years, and I haven't had a very good grip on myself since one of my twin sons passed away in December 2007, at 20 days old, I separated from my ex in 2011, and my weight has been steadily rising since, a few weeks ago I was back up to 253lbs, where last summer I was 218lbs. I'm fortunate that I'm 5'11" and I carry it well, as of yesterday I was down to 240.9lbs, so I'm already making progress. My ultimate goal is about 155-160lbs, and to be toned and fit, not just lighter. I'm working with two very generous girls who take health and fitness very seriously and do heavy lifting and compete in bikini/physique competitions, and so far they have been very inspiring and supportive (while kicking my butt in the gym).

I'm hoping to start dating again very soon, I'm ready, but I need to get my body confidance back, so thats why I'm here!

Friend requests welcome!

Replies

• BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow....sending request
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Im a single mom too and I have the same weight goal. To be about 150lbs. Im 5'5" so I dont carry the weight well lol. So sorry for your loss! I'll add you :)
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow... that is rough... I have found that we cannot do this alone, and having people whether at work or home is critical..... I started my journey without help now between work and MFP I have started to lose.. from 300 lbs a few years ago to 235 now... I am making it...Good luck in your endevors..
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm so sorry to hear of the sadness in your life but extremely happy and proud that you're doing something amazing and turning what you can around! i would be honored to be your friend. <3, laura.
  • bgudwien
    bgudwien Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart, so sorry for your loss! Sent request.
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Request sent! Anyone else can add me as well.

Wishing you the best with the rough time you've had.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You can certainly add me!!!!
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for you loss!

Welcome back to MFP though, and good luck!
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Very new single mom of a wonderful 4 year old boy...Sending f.r :)
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom as weel and know how hard it is to be a single mom trying to lose and get back out there. Good for you!
  • katiekate58
    katiekate58 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support and friend requests, I appreciate it! I'm actually really excited about this time around, I feel like success is mine already, its different now :D