Hi, I'm new here

Options
Hi! I started using this app about 6 or 7 weeks ago and I did really well but then I fell off the wagon for about 3 weeks. I have not been following my diet or logging in or anything. I'm afraid to step on the scale, I probably won't do it for a while. I don't really know what happened that made me sabotage my own success but I'm feeling really down about myself and having a hard time getting back on track. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Nancy

Replies

• wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself at least once when you start so you know your starting point. Then try weighing yourself just once per month on the same day, like the 30/31. it takes a lot of the pressure and disappointment out of the equation.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Congrats on taking the first step to get healthy :) Just remember it's a slow process, so set small goals. "I will walk 15 minutes today... then 17 minutes tomorrow." Or "I'm going to eat lean proteins with yummy veggies for lunch." When you focus on the entire journey as a whole it becomes very overwhelming.
    So when you're ready, get on the scale and then don't weight yourself for a month. You may want to even take measurements because sometimes the # on the scale doesn't accurately reflect your success. You got this!
  • KarlaN110
    KarlaN110 Posts: 2
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over slipping! Just get yourself back on track right away. Think of it as a new beginning. Definitely weigh yourself and get your starting point, then write down your plan in detail. I find it helpful to weigh myself once a week, and set aside time to just plan out food/excercise plan for the week, evaluate what worked/didnt work last week, set goals.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Don't rely on the scale. Measure yourself chest,waist,thighs,arms, etc.
    This will keep you from watching the lying scale fluctuate!
  • carolkobe
    carolkobe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You're only ever one meal away from getting back on track. I find that having a cheat day once a week helps me stay on track better and actually makes the weight move faster. It took me years to realize that though!! I say be kinder to yourself, stop the negative tape that's playing in your head, it's a process putting a healthy lifestyle together that you can stick with. There will be good days and bad but it's all part of the process. So don't let yourself be mean to you! Listen to what you are saying to yourself and see if you can't change it to something more positive. Would you let anyone talk to someone you love the way you talk to yourself??? No, so be kind and take it one step at a time finding each piece that fits for you on your journey to a healthy lifestyle. Good luck, you can do this!!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Don't rely on the scale. Measure yourself chest,waist,thighs,arms, etc.
    This will keep you from watching the lying scale fluctuate!

QFT...always the answer.....and take lots and lots of selfie pics.
  • nancerini
    nancerini Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement, I think I can do this now!! :oD
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's a marathon, not a sprint. There will be ups and down, but keep working to to be headed in generally the right direction. I still have a ways to go both in terms of weight loss, eating healthier, getting fit, etc. But I am way ahead of where I was. Just logging and realizing what foods do what to my body in terms of cals/fat/sodium/protein/carbs helps me make better decision and helps not to go too overboard when I have one of those days.

Hang in there.
  • faegrrrl
    faegrrrl Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! My suggestion is to weigh yourself only once per week, keep your food journal and make one minor adjustment to your goal weight if you're finding it too much too much to stick to. Make it reasonable. And don't kick yourself - no one is perfect! :flowerforyou:

44648216.png
  • nancerini
    nancerini Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your great words of encouragement! I need them right now so I really appreciate it! :)