You think your doing sooooo good and then ...........

Options
you sit down .......
Ok so is it just me or its like you look sooooooo good when ur standing up then when you sit down all ur flab is that much noticable and just feel like uve took 3 steps back????

or am i in this boat myself peeps?

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I just remind myself skinny girls have rolls too when they sit down LOL
  • hjackson6
    hjackson6 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one that feels this way. I notice it everyday when I am at the pool with my boys. It makes me wanna scream.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a roll when they sit. It's comforting when I look at my bf and he's skinny and has rolls when he sits. :]
  • ovsharon
    Options
    You are definitely not alone. :)
  • angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    Options
    i hear you i feel the same way but i think it mainly comes from poor self esteem, i always think i kinda look okay in the mirror then i see myself in pictures and i am like wow i really look like a cow, i know i don't but i had an eating disorder in high school i was about 95 pounds and i thought i was fat then. i really wish i could tell you how to make these feelings go away but i cant get mine too i just keep pushing to hopefully reach my goal and i try and work on liking myself better.
  • 4myheartnsoul
    Options
    I have a large stomach, I looked 6 months pregnant all the time. When I started losing weight, it went flabby. What was one big belly is now two rolls of flab that shows with my clothes. I know what you're saying.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Sweetie you are doing great. We all struggle with our image at times, but I want you to keep 3 things in mind:

1. You are beatiful! I looked at your pics and HUBA HUBA!! WOOHHOOOOOOOOOO! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    2. This is a journey to good health and you have already kicked some serious bootie in this battle.
    3. Whatever you face, you are strong. Use any set back or temporary image issues as a tool of motiviation.

I don't really know you, but I have faith in you.

God bless,
    Ed
  • tesha30
    tesha30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nope your not alone! I have that same feeling everyday
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Yep. I know what you mean! Ugh- rolls!
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You're not alone..but keep it up and they'll get smaller! Mine have:laugh:
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    What percentage of the population doesn't have a roll? But it makes me want to scream. It's probably what upsets me most and I really don't know how to dress to stop it. But on the other hand, I was getting ready to go to a BQ for my BF's friend's birthday and I was freaking out about my pants and the rolls. And when I got there I was actually the thinnest one there. They don't seem to care!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm with you there, and giggled at your post. Walk past a mirror in clothes you worked hard to fit into & think "Yeah, baby", then you sit down and thighs go phhhht squish! Argh! LOL
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    They don't seem to care!
    That phrase is how it should be. Those who love you do not care about your 'rolls'. they care about your health, how you feel, if you're happy, but they do NOT care about how you look as long as you are happy.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    You're SUPPOSED to have stomach rolls when you slouch. Where else is the skin that stretches when you stand and move supposed to go? It would HURT to move if we didn't have rolls.

Hold in your stomach and sit up straight and they go away.

P.S.- Almost every model is photoshopped in some way, some are even re-drawn or mixed-and-matched. Don't try to imitate a picture. You're 3 dimensional and much more fun!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I'm skinny and I have rolls when I sit. (did I just say that?)
    I hate it!
    LOL
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You are most definitely NOT alone with this one. It's the bain of my life - standing up I look semi decent, sitting down is a whole different story!

Not to worry though, we're working on it lol:glasses:
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    We have buns when we stand and rolls when we sit....

......further proof that bread is evil* ;)

*disclaimer: I love all bread equally in any form
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    not alone! I pull my pants up over the skin when I sit :laugh:....... at the pool well, there's not much to be done. I've had two kids; both c-sections :wink: there is always going to be skin/rolls. It's a part of life. FWIW Jillian has rolls when she sits too! (I noticed in her 30day shred video) :laugh:
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Yep we all have them, but when you think of it it causes you to sit up straighter and pull in those stomach muscles:noway: that have been underworked for so long.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    We have buns when we stand and rolls when we sit....

......further proof that bread is evil* ;)

*disclaimer: I love all bread equally in any form
    :laugh: