24 frm kansas!!!

Options
Its time I got my health in check I want to be able to walk around the zoo and chase my kids at the park and not get out of breath!!! Also I am wanting to join the Army within the next 6 months!! So I need all the support I can get my family has been great but I need people who are going thrum the struggle with me!!

Replies

• royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to MFP! A friend request has been sent.
    My name is Yvette and you can reach your goals. I love this site because it has like minded people on here that are fighting for the same things. I have battled being obese all my life. Losing weight and gaining it right back. I started at 227lbs and my current weight is 164 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and lose the last 14 lbs of my weight, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weight loss and fitness journey to a healthier us.
  • crystalreaves2
    crystalreaves2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi and thanks. I hope to one day say that I'm 164 (160 is the requirement for my height in the army to pass weight) but for now getting below 200 is way more important. I am enjoying this site a lot and check it probably 6-7 times a day just to see what's new. I have tried a few different things for weightloss and was at 212 at my lowest before I got pregnant with my youngest and haven't seen under 240 since than and that was 3 years ago. I love not getting judged and just being encouraged on this site the community is amazing!
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Crystal,

You're one pound closer to your goal than you were before you started. One important thing about weight loss is to not starve yourself. I eat 6 times a day (3 snacks and 3 meals) and have lost 21 lbs in about 30 days. Don't be afraid of the mirror, and find supporters who will encourage you. Best of luck here.
  • crystalreaves2
    crystalreaves2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm def not starving but I am on a Dr supervised intermittent water fast with a 500 a day calorie restriction. I know it seems harsh but ive been at it for a week and I'm not having any ill side effects whatsoever. Today is the best day yet I feel great and I'm excited for my workout later and I'm going to take my kids for a nice walk.
  • Bec_88
    Bec_88 Posts: 45
    Options
    Crystal,

You're one pound closer to your goal than you were before you started. One important thing about weight loss is to not starve yourself. I eat 6 times a day (3 snacks and 3 meals) and have lost 21 lbs in about 30 days. Don't be afraid of the mirror, and find supporters who will encourage you. Best of luck here.

Hi Steve,

Would you mind sharing the snacks during the day you have?
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome ! Good luck! Lots of support here. I won't comment on diet since you're working close with a Dr.

you have great goals and we are here to support them !
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late post. Didn't see your response. I have been doing the Fast Metabolism Diet for the last several weeks. Snacks changes depending on the Phase (day of week) but they are either fruit (Mon-Tues), protein (usually HB eggs or some other protein Wed -Thurs), and healthy fat and veggie (Fri-Sun Almond butter and carrots, or hummus and celery). I've been focused on measuring on MFP even though the FMD doesn't "Count" calories, since they are the key. But eating very healthy and drinking lots of water has really helped.