Now I'm healthy, I don't pull D: LOL

Options
iwillbetinytea
iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
I thought when I got a bit thinner/healthier/lost weight I would get attention off men. Haha I don't mean like pervy ogling just some extra attention. But nope. Piffle. Where am I going wrong?!

I'm not trying to be vain or anything, I don't think I'm special...I just thought the odds would increase lmao

Replies

• BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Because I never saw you.

If I did, I would definitely say hello! :drinker:
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options
    Maybe I need a sign...HA!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    You're pretty and if you're a nice person with great qualities, you'll find someone. I don't know you so I couldn't give any advice as to where you might be going wrong. Maybe you're the type who guys do give that extra attention to, but you don't realize it?
  • Shauncho49
    Shauncho49 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    don't worry...it'll happen. you're super cute! just give it time.
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options
    I dunno, I certainly don't feel like I am
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I'm in the forever alone camp too
  • ndegwa
    ndegwa Posts: 169
    Options
    you're now out of the league that would normally try... thats why!
  • callhimrodneyafterdave
    Options
    you women are scary things lol us men have no chance!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    do you go out or put yourself out there? How do you come across? As intimidating or a "talk to me, I'm fun!"?
  • auria17
    auria17 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think people are attracted to the energy and charisma that is given off by a person, when you have had a big change physical or otherwise sometimes the inside hasn't changed with the outside and you are giving off the same vibe that you did before...
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Is there a possibility that your confidence has not yet caught up with the new look?

I would definitely be looking twice in your direction if I saw you :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    in for pervy ogling
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    you're now out of the league that would normally try... thats why!

I agree with this. Some men are intimidated by pretty women like you and fear being shot down themselves.
  • IzzyM210
    IzzyM210 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Are you socially awkward because I am and Nobody ever talks to me lol :laugh: It Just takes me a while to come around I guess.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know, I was in that same place a year ago. I couldn't understand why I was getting less attention than before I lost weight. But I really think it's a confidence thing. I had some confidence as a heavier woman, until I realized that I wasn't happy with it, then lost my confidence. Eventually though, I became comfortable in my new skin and got my confidence back.

Maybe you just haven't really embraced the new you yet. People are all the time saying that they still see themselves as fat even after they have lost. A lot of people need a little time to adjust mentally. Maybe you are just in that phase right now, and men are picking up on it.
  • iwillbetinytea
    Options
    in for pervy ogling

Everyone loves a bit of pervy ogling, but sometimes it's nice to have the right sort of attention lmao
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    <---Forever alone.
    But I have a cat so it's okay. Get a cat OP.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    one thing goes up: one thing goes down.

It's probably your attitude or confidence is less.
  • djkronyx
    djkronyx Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's the vibe you give off. Just like anything in life you have to work hard to become good at it. Work on exuding your confidence and the men will take notice. Also, it never hurts to wear form fitting clothes if you're looking to turn some heads. Those jeans you bought before you were fit probably don't look as nice on you now, lol ;)