Squats yes but do you also deadlift?

Options
Philllbis
Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
I do squats but the killer for me are deadlifts. Anyone else a big fan of deadlifts? By the time I've warmed up to my working weight I'm covered in sweat by the end of my set.

Replies

• lhprop1
    lhprop1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift."
    -Jon Pall Sigmarsson

Deadlift and squat compliment each other. Each helps improve the other.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Opposite for me. I love deadlifts and can rock them like nothing else, squats on the other hand....
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I love deadlift day. LOVE. I feel like a raging she-beast when I pull heavy. I still squat though, mostly because I love the results.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts are my favorite thing ever. I don't love squats(though I love the results), but I truly love deadlifts.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I'm opposite of Iulia... I love squats, but I haven't been enjoying deadlifts. I do them for the benefits, but after I finish NROL4W and move on to just doing my own workouts rather than a plan, I'll probably cut deadlifts down to rarely but continue squats often.

ETA: I still have immense respect for anyone that can do high weight deadlifts (with good form).
  • PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yes. 100% both.

I was only doing squats for a short time and although the results were amazing they almost doubled when I started including dead lifts.

NSFW http://www.goldenfitnesstraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/squats_vs_deadlifts.jpg
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I do both. Deadlifts are one of my favorites lifts. Squats=meh but too effective to not incorporate in one's lifting routine.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I LOVE squats and feel great about the weight amount I can do with them. Dead lifts on the other hand make me feel like a weak suck- I've only just started incorporating them and at this point it's a little pathetic.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I feel so bad-*kitten* when I deadlift :laugh:
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I do squats, I do dead lifts. I prefer dead lifts to the squat machine (hate the machine). However, squats (non-machine) are incorporated into far more things because they are so versatile.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts are king.
  • paultkohler
    paultkohler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    -Jon Pall Sigmarsson

Not sure you have the background, but I think he also died while performing a deadlift.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    squats will always be my first love. not currently doing standard deadlifts, but i'm looking forward to getting back to those.
    don't forget about barbell hip thrusts those are magic!
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love deadlifts, but I prefer the deadlift bar over the barbell. Not sure if one works better than the other or not.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    -Jon Pall Sigmarsson

^^ Yep... do both!
  • yummymummy65
    yummymummy65 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love both equally and do them in conjunction.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I love dead lifting! :love: :love: :love:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Yes. Deadlifts could be useless (They aren't, of course) And I would do them because I feel like a badass and feeling like a badass makes me happy.
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    -Jon Pall Sigmarsson

Not sure you have the background, but I think he also died while performing a deadlift.

Jón Páll Sigmarsson died on the 16th January 1993 of a heart attack. He was deadlifting in his gym in Iceland when he suffered the heart attack, caused, it is thought, by a traumatic aortic rupture which was related to a weakened heart, a problem that was known to exist in his family