Loose 10 pounds in a month? How much to eat and burn?

Options
Weight: 110
Height: 5'0

Currently eating 1200 calories a day for 1 week now
60 minutes of vigorous workout a day taking gym classes (varies: aerobics/kickboxing/cardio/strength)
I try to change my workouts up by going to different types of classes, so it's always different. In addition to daily workouts, i also like to hike and run, maybe few times a month.

I've only been doing the 1200 cal diet for one week now, but prior to this, I lost 5 pounds in 3 months just by changing my diet and working out for 60 min a day.

During those 3 months I did not watch my calorie/fat intake. I would eat as much as I wanted. I ate more holistically with more fresh foods... raw veges/fruits, nuts, avocados, coconut, no gluten or dairy etc. Barely any processed foods. I would do cheat days once in a while, but still no gluten or dairy at all.

Now I'm still trying to loose 10 more pounds! At least 5 pounds if I can. I'm trying to slim down for bikini summer.

I'm struggling with how much I'm supposed to eat and how much I'm supposed to burn. Maybe I'm not eating enough? When I workout, I go all out because I'm trying to loose weight. I'm guessing I burn about 500/600 during my workouts. And I try to eat about 1200 calories, sometimes a 100 more a day. Depends if I'm craving something.

Replies

• ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Simple math:
    3500 cals per pound X 10 lbs / 30 days in a month = 1,167 calorie cut from your Total Daily Energy Expendature

Given you're at a normal weight, it'll be hard to do this.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need to eat more then. With all those vigorous workouts, I think your body is looking for more fuel.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You are an intuitive eater with a healthy diet, a healthy weight, and a healthy lifestyle. Why fix it if it ain't broken? I'd suggest not counting calories or getting hung up an macros. Do what you did for that three months (where you lost 5 lbs) but cut either your dinner or lunch in half (whichever is the bigger meal). Just eat half what you normally would for that one meal. Cut out all cheat meals (it's just for a month after all). See where you are in a one week. If you aren't dropping weight as fast as you want, cut the other meal in half too.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I really don't think losing 10lbs in a month is going to happen for you.

You will lose slowly as you don't have much to lose. Well, you SHOULD aim to lose slowly, if you are looking to do it in a healthy, sustainable way. I recommend the TDEE -10 to 15% approach, so you will not lose muscle, and have the energy to work out.

If you are losing for bikini season, I'd try the 30 Day Shred or any type of exercise routine. You see inches lost before you see 10lbs lost.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I doubt you will be able to lose 10lb in a month. Even a starter would find that difficult. 5lb is do-able. 583 deficit for the next month, from what you've said I calculated your TDEE which is 2188 with exercise every day. Make sure you eat 1600+ every day for the next month and continue to exercise every day. Even this amount of calories is low with what exercise you say you are doing so make sure you do NOT go under 1600. If you have cheat days make sure you don't go over 1600 calories or you will stall it.
  • sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you from experience that as a short woman it will be hard to lose 10 lbs in a month. Eating the bare minimum of calories (1200) only guarantees a loss of one pound a week for me and I'm 5'2". We simply burn less calories because there's less there to move. I'm not saying your goal is impossible, just not the healthiest. That's your choice to make.
  • preetikasharma
    preetikasharma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Kinda on the same wagon here. I just came to know today that I have to clear a medical examination to get into the Navy, which I am very intent on, during third week of July. The specified weight for my height (164cm) and age (23) is ~52kg, while I am around 60 right now.
    I hope to get around at least 54, which gives me 6kg (13lbs for you guys) to lose in just under six weeks. Is it even doable?
  • summercake
    summercake Posts: 19
    Options
    Heres a tip: Eating 1200 calories is the worse idea ever. I ended up starving and binging and now im back at 150 pounds
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Not gonna happen.

People who have 10 pounds (or less) to lose .... can expect "healthy" weight loss of 1/2 pound per week. 4 weeks in a month .... so 2 lbs would be healthy weight loss for you.

Healthy weight loss ..... you lose fat and KEEP muscle mass. The best thing you can do to "look" thinner .... tighten and firm everything up while dieting. Strength training is key.