Looking for other non-meat-eaters

Options
I have given up eating pork, beef, chicken, and other livestock animals. I do eat fish and shellfish, but I'm considering giving that up as well and going vegetarian.
I would love to meet and befriend other non-meat eating people out there who would be willing to share any vegan or vegetarian recipes with me.
I'm a busy mom who works part time as a home health nurse. I have two children, 10yrs and 6mo old.
Hope to meet some awesome people along this weight loss journey of mine! :D

Replies

• Fitgrl430
    Fitgrl430 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jenn. I'm a vegetarian with an open diary, you're welcome to add me :flowerforyou: Good luck to you on your journey.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian, but I try to limit dairy and eggs. My diary is closed, but I'm willing to talk about it and share recipes.

Here's my vegetarian/vegan pinterest board if you want to check out some recipes there: http://pinterest.com/crista_b/living-the-veg-life/

There's also an MFP group with some good ones: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/45-happy-herbivores

ETA: Anyone can add me (I'd prefer if you included a message, but I don't automatically dismiss FRs without them) :flowerforyou:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm a Vegan add me if you wish
  • eringrace10
    eringrace10 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm a veggie, anyone can add me my diary is open. Feel free to take a look.
  • Kristina_Victoria
    Kristina_Victoria Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a similar diet. Add me if you want to, I'm on every day!! :)
  • skinnybetch78
    skinnybetch78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, or check out my Pinterest--aklitten. I'm vegan (as of January) and would never look back!
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I'm a vegan, previously vegetarian who ate fish and prior to that a Carnivore! There is also a group for people like us here as well.
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm a pescetarian and my dairy is open for all to see. xx
  • Zilla100
    Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You can add me also. I keep my diary open, I am pescatarian as well.
  • misspatty123
    misspatty123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was a vegetarian and now I eat some meat (mostly chicken and beef). I still make most of my meals vegetarian. Here are some of my favorites:
    Fajitas (Peppers and Onions)
    Spaghetti with Mushrooms or Yves
    Salad with Feta, Craisins, Nuts and Balsamic Vinegar
    Falafels
    Stir Fry
    Vegetable Soup
    Omelet and Hashbrowns
    Veggie Burgers
    Bean/Veggie Chili