If you have a problem with DIETS do not read.

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Clearly many off you cannot read, I said be positive yet you feel the need to criticise. This is supposed to be a motivational website and clearly you do not know how that works.

How has your post helped in anyway, kinda pathetic that you need to be negative to make yourselves feel better, huh?

Thank you to everyone who took it seriously! Goodluck with your journeys :)

To whom was this post directed?

Perhaps you could make a list of those posts you found helpful vs. those you found not helpful. That kind of feedback will help us to make more helpful posts in the future.

(I suspect the differentiation will be made on whether or not the post was what you wanted to hear and not of the actual validity or helpfulness of the post, but I certainly don't want to be presumptuous.)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    << Reads: This is supposed to be a motivational website where everyone cheerleads even if my goal and plan is unrealistic and unhealthy.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Clearly many off you cannot read, I said be positive yet you feel the need to criticise. This is supposed to be a motivational website and clearly you do not know how that works.

How has your post helped in anyway, kinda pathetic that you need to be negative to make yourselves feel better, huh?

I am going to jump off a cliff and fly tomorrow - but I only want positive comments about this!!

Sorry, one of the best things about this website is the number of people who will be honest with you. It is a support forum which means trying to help people do things safely and effectively, not a "cheerleading" forum.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

But you said.....
    HELP!!

I don't care how disgusting or hard the diet or exercise tip... all ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

People gave help. You didnt like it. Darn.

I am guessing you wouldnt have liked my suggestion about amputating a limb then?

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on ours.....
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Just curious OP. What did you do yesterday to lose your 7 lbs? Did you eat at a deficit? Did you get some good exercise? Cuz you only have 24 days now.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

Just because this is a 'motivational website' does not mean that everyone should agree with you. I'm waiting for the 'the site is full of bullies' thread now. :laugh:

By the way, as of tomorrow I've decided I'm going to start taking crack. But this is a motivational website, so I only want positive responses to this idea!
  • kaino135
    kaino135 Posts: 1
    Options
    try the 3 day military diet. you can loose up to i think like 6 lbs
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Marley, lets see a link to that diet then, sounds interesting.

I have lost a lot of weight very quickly in the past several times and also did it for a special event such as a holiday etc. when I did it but as I'm sure you know and have been told by the negative posters it's not good for your body and will come straight back on etc. etc.

Anyway! Having said that there are two ways I lost weight quickly, ie. around 10-14lbs in 1 month. The first time it was by going very low carb. I literally cut out all starchy and high sugar carbohydrates including fruit from my diet for this period, only ate steamed fish and grilled meat as well as steamed green vegetables and a few other protein foods like eggs, a small amount of cheese etc. I tried to keep it low fat and I cut out alcohol too. It was hard especially when eating out and things like that but you have to tell yourself what you're doing it for.

I seem to remember that by doing this (without counting calories) I was able to lose about 10lbs in 2 weeks and at the time I was around 135lbs with fairly high body fat. I didn't measure my body fat afterwards but my clothes were falling off me.

The second way I've lost a lot of weight was by doing the Maple syrup diet but it's VERY extreme. You buy this syrup from health food shops and combine a bit of the syrup with lemon juice (fresh) and cayenne pepper. Google it if you're interested. I think there are two ways to do the diet, you can either drink the drink and eat 1 meal per day - low in carbs and you'll lose less weight but I did it the way it was designed to be done ie. drinking only the syrup drink mixed with water (2 litres per day) and eating nothing at all for 10 days. I think in that time I lost 14lbs. Another time I did it for 7 days only and lost 10lbs. As soon as you start eating normally though the weight does come back on but for a holiday it will give you a head start I suppose.

Lastly when I was 178 lbs I wanted to get my weight down as I'm quite short. At the time I didn't know anything about calories in vs calories out so basically I started exercising 6 days a week and switched to eating healthier foods ie. no bread, no pasta although I did have a little rice and potatoes but cut down on fat and changed cooking methods ie. grilled instead of frying foods and ate more veggies. I didn't count calories but looking back I was eating 1000 calories per day no more than that but the weight fell off really fast and in 5 months I'd dropped over 50lbs so I guess that means I lost around 10lb per month (but I was quite big to start with).

I tried those things a long time ago (around 8-10 years ago) and I'm a lot older now and am struggling to lose the weight I want to as I'm currently back up to 144lbs but it's proving to be much harder as I'm older and also trying to do it the 'right' (healthy) way this time ie. eating more. Nothing has really worked for me since January 2013 even though I'm exercising daily and eating more protein as well as weight lifting as recommended on here so I'm gonna try low carb eating again, though not in quite as an extreme way this time. I also tried eating more (up to 2000 calories per day at one point) but I didn't lose so now I'm eating around 1400 on average not eating back exercise calories but it's not working.

I am now gonna go lower for a while to around 1200 and maybe as low as 1000 in the month before my holiday if I still don't get most of the weight off that I want to lose. I am aiming for nearly 30lbs though, not 7 so in your case try eating 1200 until your holiday as you're not exercising much and watch your carbs and I'm sure the weight will come off.

If your not able to spend much time training don't worry about it as I've found that exercising more doesn't help me lose weight or even allow me to eat more necessarily - I just feel fitter and stronger..
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Just because this is a 'motivational website' does not mean that everyone should agree with you. I'm waiting for the 'the site is full of bullies' thread now. :laugh:

By the way, as of tomorrow I've decided I'm going to start taking crack. But this is a motivational website, so I only want positive responses to this idea!

Taking crack and trying to lose a few pounds quickly are hardly similar. I agree with the OP, she didn't ask if anyone thought it was healthy. She asked for methods.

Can you show any evidence that losing 7 lbs in 25 days is unhealthy in either the short or long term?
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

I am going to jump off a cliff and fly tomorrow - but I only want positive comments about this!!

Sorry, one of the best things about this website is the number of people who will be honest with you. It is a support forum which means trying to help people do things safely and effectively, not a "cheerleading" forum.

Yes. A lot of people have given a lot of good feedback regarding your question. If this were just a "cheerleading"/ " keep doing what you're doing" site, I'd still be eating as little as possible without dying and doing only cardio 'til I couldn't cardio anymore.
  • cdragony321
    cdragony321 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do ice cube cycling. Lost tons!

Don`t you slip off the seat?

:drinker: :laugh:
  • summercake
    summercake Posts: 19
    Options
    This goal of 7 pounds a month is realistic BUT your gonna have to work your *kitten* off
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guess that will be my bedtime reading! It's 93 pages long but if it works then WOW! I am now around 31% body fat looking to get down to 20% to start with so if I could do this then that would be great.

What happens after you stop doing it though? The front page says how to lose 4-7lbs of fat and 10-20lbs weight in 2 weeks.
  • Marley2310
    Marley2310 Posts: 304
    Options
    Lyle explains how to end the diet in a healthy way to prevent any weight rebound , it's a really good read ur gonna learn alot from it
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You are an absolutely gorgeous girl BTW. Who cares about the 7 lbs or whatever? Avoid too much salt and drink a ton of water, so that you're not bloated. Eat clean and reduce calories to around 1600 if you want. Go buy something cute. Go on your trip, enjoy being young and beautiful, and have a blast.

I look back on my early twenties and think, honestly, what was I so insecure about? I should have enjoyed myself more.

^^^^ THIS! By all means this! ^^^^
  • juliannorton1000
    juliannorton1000 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Or... just exercise 5 times out of the week normally, and you'll be set for all holidays!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Lyle explains how to end the diet in a healthy way to prevent any weight rebound , it's a really good read ur gonna learn alot from it
    So Lyle is such a great, helpful guy that you offer a link to a pirated version of his e-book (which he sells on his website)? Great way to help him out in return for the knowledge and assistance he offers people.
  • Marley2310
    Marley2310 Posts: 304
    Options
    So Lyle is such a great, helpful guy that you offer a link to a pirated version of his e-book (which he sells on his website)? Great way to help him out in return for the knowledge and assistance he offers people.

We make mistakes
  • Meamo
    Meamo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Interesting...please update what u did and results.