Success with using MFP on your cell phone?

Options

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I am in love with my Iphone because of this ap.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can do everything from the app but login to forum. You can still access the forum from the internet on the phone though. Also, MFP links to other apps like Endomondo (a fitness tracking app) so it will automatically sync your exercise time, burned calories, etc. from the Endomondo app into your MFP account.

I have an Android phone and it works great with the app.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I've used the MFP app on both Android and Windows Phone, as well as the iPad version, and they all work great. Pick a phone based on what you like, and the app will do what you need.

This.

The only downside to the Android version is the ads taking up space, which doesn't happen on the iPad.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have a droid razr and my wife has an iphone something?!? Both are comparable and similar in use. I would only recommend an Iphone if you have other apple products. I have an imac at home and still would rather use my droid than an iphone.
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yes its under my diary
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was responding to can you add exercise on app, yes its under my diary
  • kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    LOVE the bar code scanner option when logging in per-packaged foods.
    Holy cow! I never even noticed that functionality. Thanks for the tip! That's awesome!
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have the LG Esteem and I have the app on it (it's an android) and I also just found the barcode thing. I am pretty much in love with it on my phone now...wow THANKS! much easier than trying to type it in and find the right one every time.
  • bdbjswbrb
    bdbjswbrb Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for several months on Motorola Droid, and just swapped out to a new Samsung Galaxy S4 last week. I also have it installed on my Asus tablet. All of them are different versions of android, and they all work great!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have a Samsung Android and it's very easy to log the food and exercise. I'm on it all the time.

Btw how do I access the barcode scanner?
  • bdbjswbrb
    bdbjswbrb Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a Samsung Android and it's very easy to log the food and exercise. I'm on it all the time.

In android: Open your app, tap 'add to diary', choose which meal, and then next to the search bar at the top there is a little blue and white barcode. You tap it, and the bar code reader opens for you to scan with your camera.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options

In android: Open your app, tap 'add to diary', choose which meal, and then next to the search bar at the top there is a little blue and white barcode. You tap it, and the bar code reader opens for you to scan with your camera.

omg awesome! thanks!
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone and use the MFP app all the time...LOVE the bar code scanner option when logging in per-packaged foods.

For me, the biggest down fall of the app is not being able to access the Message Boards or Blogs. But you can still see the News Feed on your phone.

Same with me. That scanner is fantastic.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I find the Android app very easy to use and crazy useful!!
  • tattedlady75
    tattedlady75 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I dont think I would be able to count calories if it wasnt for the app and barcode scanner. Those are the two things that made me join MFP, the app is so easy to use. The bar code scanner on the app makes it so much easier to add recipes too. O, and I have to Samsung SG3, have not had any problems with the app
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I enter all my food and exercise on my iphone5. I find it very convenient.
  • par57
    par57 Posts: 74
    Options
    The bar code scanner seems SO helpful !!!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    The bar code scanner seems SO helpful !!!

It is! When I first started, the scanner was the reason I picked MFP for calorie counting.

And ever since I got my Samsung Galaxy s3 last June, I have not used a computer to interact with MFP. I just use the app for logging most things,and the phone browser for using these forums.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have a Verizon Android, and MFP works really well on it. LOVE the barcode scanner!
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    Yes, success indeed! I use the MFP app on my iPhone daily! After a week or two of joining MFP, it becomes 2nd nature.

I used the app a heck of a lot more before I decided to venture out with the website.

There are thousands of foods out there you can log & scan.

However, the downside is that you have no access to the forums! :'(

Hahaha.

Good luck!