Been off the straight and narrow

Options
Hi All

Well, I have to admit that I have strayed from the path of calorie counting.

Since returning from my holiday to Florida in March, I have not been online or sticking much to my eating plan, maybe I just decided 'what the heck', I aint' really sure why, maybe I thought I could keep the weight loss going without counting those calories :noway:

I have now returned to My Fitness Pal, 8lb heavier than when I left and with an increase in my Insulin (which I had gotten down to nearly nothing):mad: , so I am ready for any chastisement that you may want to give me :blushing:

Let's get this thing back on track.:smile:

Widdy

Replies

• Widdy1961
    Widdy1961 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi All

Well, I have to admit that I have strayed from the path of calorie counting.

Since returning from my holiday to Florida in March, I have not been online or sticking much to my eating plan, maybe I just decided 'what the heck', I aint' really sure why, maybe I thought I could keep the weight loss going without counting those calories :noway:

I have now returned to My Fitness Pal, 8lb heavier than when I left and with an increase in my Insulin (which I had gotten down to nearly nothing):mad: , so I am ready for any chastisement that you may want to give me :blushing:

Let's get this thing back on track.:smile:

Widdy
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    seems you're back on track :wink: Good Luck!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    As a fellow Diabetic (Type 2, oral meds), I can say that you know the dangers you are facing with your diabetes and what WILL happen eventually if you don't get your levels under control and your body healthy. So I won't go into all the health problems with diabetes.

I will also say that I had a "what the heck" attitude for years about my diabetes and was content to simply increase my meds whenever I had issues. I wasn't eating right and knew it but was able to control my levels by increasing my pills. Eventually, this stopped working. I began to see little signs, like higher and higher levels in the morning, more and more foods spiking my levels, etc. I also noticed that little scratches were healing slower and slower and slower. I then met a woman only about 10 years older than me who is on a insulin pump who is facing kidney failure. She is overweight and does little to control her diabetes. I saw my future in her!

In just 3 months, I have dropped my average levels by almost 50%, lost 42 pounds, and my doctor has cut my meds in 1/2! I, too, hope to get off meds completely one day but know that I probably did too much damage to my body already to have that happen. But still, just getting healthy and living a long life with all my arms and legs attached is enough for me!

You can do this! Don't give up and don't give in! I know it gets tiring and seems hopeless sometimes but you have to do this for your sake and for your children's sake!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    No chastisement here. Just total support. Welcome back!!!