Using organic apple cider viniger

Options
Has anyone heard of the affects of organic apple cider viniger?? I started taking a tablespoon of it a day bc of all the health benefits it has. Just something that some of u guys might be interested in trying. Its very very tart and bitter but if u mix if with a bottle of water, its not bad. I actually dont mond it so I will take the tbsp all at once.

Replies

• DSweatte
    Options
    You have discovered an awesome home remedy. Look up on web- Bragg's apple cider vinegar. Try adding a tsp of raw honey to the acv drink...it's not quite as bad. Make sure you use raw honey...not the processed stuff.

You're going to feel so much better!!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I just take a shot glass a day. You get used to the "burn" of it. My skin is SOOOO much clearer since I've been using it daily. It works wonders!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    My DH has awful acid reflux, and it totally helps....better than any meds he has taken!! It is awesome for your body, and it is good for sunburns too :smile:
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I take the pills from the herb store It's great for curbing cravings especially that time of the month:wink: It also keeps off the water weight too:happy:
  • hot2b86
    hot2b86 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm glad to see that there are others out there using this. Ive just read a lil about all the good things it does for you, but Im very excited to start seeing and feeling the benefits of using it everyday!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    Has anyone heard of the affects of organic apple cider viniger?? I started taking a tablespoon of it a day bc of all the health benefits it has. Just something that some of u guys might be interested in trying. Its very very tart and bitter but if u mix if with a bottle of water, its not bad. I actually dont mond it so I will take the tbsp all at once.

OMG !!! I just posted a topic about curbing sugar cravings and a MFP member responded with this link!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/83045-apple-cider-vinegar-helps-conquer-carb-cravings
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I just bought some of this today! Ive heard it great for weight loss!
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hello~
    I take 1-2 tbs a day mixed in cold or cool water.great for leveling out blood sugar too :)
  • blueraven1971
    Options
    does it have to be organic or can i use the stuff from the supermarket??
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    does it have to be organic or can i use the stuff from the supermarket??

I think it has to be organic because that has the "mother" in it. something to do with the cloudy stuff at the bottom. read below

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/the-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar/

Clear vinegar has none of the benefits of raw organic apple cider vinegar. Through its processing and distilling, it’s been stripped of everything beneficial and can be detrimental to your health due to the fact that it is dead instead of alive.

Only raw organic apple cider vinegar has the “mother of vinegar” that makes the vinegar so beneficial. The “mother” is made up living nutrients and bacteria. You can actually see it settled in the bottom of the bottle like sediment
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • rosef17
    rosef17 Posts: 89
    Options
    Interesting - I am gonna give it a try!:smile:
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the pills. Thanks for the info!
  • hot2b86
    Options
    it has to be organic bc that is what has the "mother" in it and thats got all the enzymes.. there is no benefit from using the ones right from the store, they have been pasturized
  • blueraven1971
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone...i will get the organic type :)
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Thank you! Thank you for starting this thread! I would never have tried this if you hadn't.
    Thanks to the post-er who suggested a shot glass. I just put some in a martini glass with crushed ice. This gives a whole new meaning to apple-tini!
  • Gorgeous1
    Gorgeous1 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Thank you for starting this thread! I would never have tried this if you hadn't.
    Thanks to the post-er who suggested a shot glass. I just put some in a martini glass with crushed ice. This gives a whole new meaning to apple-tini!

Hey skinnytime,

I use it to make dressings and on my meats as a sauce (when mixed with a touch of stevia or truvia it mellows out the tartness and makes a nice sauce or dressing). Tonight I had shrimp with chopped celery (cold) for dinner and used ACV, truvia, lemon, salt and pepper. I also use it to steam my veggies instead of plain water.
  • vanumnum
    vanumnum Posts: 19
    Options
    Oh, I tried using the store bought apple cider vinegar - and it was HORRID! So "vinegary" and it doesn't have the same benefits.

The organic apple cider vinegar is much less 'sharp' and makes a HUGE difference in homemade sugar-free salad dressings. Not all markets carry it, I had to go to a health food market.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I have been taking apple cider vinegar for years now.
    Just one tbsp. in a glass of water.
    Have you noticed any results so far?
    Shirley61
  • hot2b86
    Options
    I have been taking apple cider vinegar for years now.
    Just one tbsp. in a glass of water.
    Have you noticed any results so far?
    Shirley61

I just started taking it regularly about a wk ago, so havent really noticed anything yet but i know alot of people that swear by it and am looking forward to seeing some results from it.