Just another TOM question

Options
Calliope610
Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
As a reward for losing 25% of my excess weight, I am getting myself an iPod Touch. I can't wait to get some fitness/health apps.

Ladies, what apps to you use to track TOM?

Replies

• pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I use Period Diary Pro, works pretty well and interacts with the iPod's calendar to send you alerts. Tracks menstruation, ovulation/fertile days, moods and other typical TOM issues like cramps, weight gain, etc. Also has charts & forums.
  • Calliope610
    Options
    bump

Maybe if I have put this in the Chit-Chat forum with the warning "No Guys Allowed", I would get more response.
    :huh:
  • andiroot
    andiroot Posts: 43
    Options
    I use Pink pad. tracks everything!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    [Scrapes brains off screen from exploded head]

... there are smartphone *apps* to help you track your menstrual cycle? Or is this a clever post-modernist joke I am not getting?
  • Calliope610
    Options
    Of course there's a app. A girl has got to know if it's safe to wear her white Daisy Dukes.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Of course there's a app. A girl has got to know if it's safe to wear her white Daisy Dukes.

Does a girl not know how to use a calendar?
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options

But isn't it easier to have it on your phone since the phone is always with you?
    And it automatically tells you when you next 12 TOM are going to be
  • jillianlamb
    jillianlamb Posts: 29
    Options
    I use P Tracker (the "lite" and free version) and it's great (i guess i havent tried any other ones but still). Mine isn't regular so it tells you how long your cycle has been each time, your average number in cycle, a projection of when your nice one will be, when you're fertile/ovulating etc. You can add notes about your symptoms/moods/weight (etc). I wouldn't keep that info on a calendar personally so it's nice to have all in one place.
  • andiroot
    andiroot Posts: 43
    Options
    I use P Tracker (the "lite" and free version) and it's great (i guess i havent tried any other ones but still). Mine isn't regular so it tells you how long your cycle has been each time, your average number in cycle, a projection of when your nice one will be, when you're fertile/ovulating etc. You can add notes about your symptoms/moods/weight (etc). I wouldn't keep that info on a calendar personally so it's nice to have all in one place.

yep, weight and ovulation data and moods are all helpful. not just "when does my vagina bleed" stars on a calendar in the kitchen.
  • Chrysy87
    Chrysy87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Does a guy not know that a girls cycle isn't exactly 30 days usually? Doesn't come on the same day of the month for a lot of us...

-Edit for spelling error
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I use the freebie Period Diary.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options

Do people still have calendars?
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Oh, and CONGRATS on the milestone weight goal!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

This one^^^
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    i just have a normal smartphone and use the calender on it.
    and yet again apps to track periods....theres something for everything now.
    Is there one to track bowel movements as well....mmm with pictures.
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I use my ipad and could only find one app that worked there "My Days". I love it. Much better than using the calendar alone. It calculates your average time between periods and automatically tells you when the next one is coming up.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I use my birth control package. When I'm out of pills, i prepare like it's war. My fiance is the one that tells me i have PMS because i think i'm just having a bad life
  • LuckyFur
    LuckyFur Posts: 96
    Options
    is there anyway i can stop getting my period? it's just turning into such a hassle. i got my dog spayed last month and she doesn't have to deal with any of this stuff. i'm tired of being craby and blooted and now i find out I need to buy an app
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    is there anyway i can stop getting my period? it's just turning into such a hassle. i got my dog spayed last month and she doesn't have to deal with any of this stuff. i'm tired of being craby and blooted and now i find out I need to buy an app

I ask my dr. every year if i can get cleaned out...he said after i have 3 kids or a medical emergency. How stupid!
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options

Okay, I am convinced this is an elaborate joke now.

You can count and add, can't you? And there is a calendar app on your cell phone, if you can't use the one that came with your computer machine. Why get a friggin menstruation app on your phone?

p.s. you can even set it up as a recurrent appointment, imagine that!

As someone pointed out previously, only about 20% of women have an actual 28 day cycle. It ranges, and is affected by a ton of factors. So a recurrence on the same day each month won't work for the 80% rest of the population. For those who like data, it is interesting to also track things like cravings, water retention, fertile days, and mood.

For the others that could care less - why post a response? Never really understood that.