what the bleep is wrong with me

Options
2»

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Poor you :( Sorry you're going through this.

This is gonna sound a little weird, and you might be a little creeped out at first, but have you heard of ASMR videos on youtube?

Essentially it is someone speaking to you in a soft voice or a whisper. There are many facets to it, but the ultimate goal of all of them are to relax you and calm you down. They help me fall asleep all the time, and they're really a great thing. Try to get over the initial "this is SO weird..." and you might really enjoy it.

I hope you find them helpful, they really changed my life when I couldn't sleep or was having a panic attack.

Edit: My favourite is pigsbum53 on youtube, so you might want to start there :)

I'm checking it out right now. Seems interesting and thanks because I've been awake since 3am again! :flowerforyou:
  • hfox9707
    hfox9707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you are going under a lot of stress right now. Have you tried taking the time for yourself and getting a relaxing massage such as Swedish? That is another way to help you get some good sleep later and relieve tight muscles and tension headaches.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options

This is gonna sound a little weird, and you might be a little creeped out at first, but have you heard of ASMR videos on youtube?

Essentially it is someone speaking to you in a soft voice or a whisper. There are many facets to it, but the ultimate goal of all of them are to relax you and calm you down. They help me fall asleep all the time, and they're really a great thing. Try to get over the initial "this is SO weird..." and you might really enjoy it.

I hope you find them helpful, they really changed my life when I couldn't sleep or was having a panic attack.

I'm checking it out right now. Seems interesting and thanks because I've been awake since 3am again! :flowerforyou:

Awesome! I love recommending it to people. It's like a secret treasure!
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options

I tried this last night at 5am. Unfortunately, I don't experience this tingly phenomena, but I think it's really cool and that it could help people. Neato!
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options

I tried this last night at 5am. Unfortunately, I don't experience this tingly phenomena, but I think it's really cool and that it could help people. Neato!

Yeah, I don't usually get the tingles either. It's happened before, mostly when I was a child, and a few times with the videos but nothing really crazy like some people get. It's just relaxing to me for the most part.
  • dmarien
    dmarien Posts: 58
    Options
    sorry you are going through this. I guess I am curious if you found a way for your dog to join you. I know the military may not pay but have you check how much it would cost to fly him cargo? Also if it is a small dog that will fit under the seat I know delta charges 100.00 for our furry friends.
    Your vet may can reccomend something to keep your pup calm during the flight also.
    I travel every week for work and it is amazing to see the amount animals in cargo and on the planes.

If you can't afford it have some yard sales to help with the extra cost.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    It'll be worth it when you get there. My SO is based at Kaneohe and the place is paradise.