New, Need to Lose about 135

Options
I'm from Des Moines, single, mid-40s, with two cats. I've had a lifelong struggle with weight. I remember putting myself on a diet when I was 7. I'm about as big as I've ever been. When I was a kid, I was horrified my g-grandfather was bigger around than he was tall... and now I am too!

I've also had a battle with depression too, which probably contributed to the weight. I'm currently unemployed and having a difficult time forcing myself to look for work. It just seems easier to hide in my apartment.

Not that my life is all terrible. I do have some good friends, but I'm tired of being the big one all the time and it's so hard to find clothes in my town (which is one of Iowa's major cities!). So I could use some help from other people in similar situations!

I'm looking forward to meeting you all and maybe being a help to you too.

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a wonderful site with lots of encouraging members. Best of luck to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi & Welcome to your journey!!

I am only new here too but I read these links and found them to be very inspirational! I dont think of it as a diet, i think of it as a lifestyle change...

Worth the 30mins to read.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

I hope these help you! They were really an eye opener to me! =)

=] Megan!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I have already lost 69 lbs on here, but I still got about the same amount as you to lose! This is a great site. Welcome! I will add you so we can have each others support.
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi there from a fellow Iowan! I'm on the other side of the state - east - just north of Davenport. We were just out your way a couple of weeks ago for vacation - camping at Lake Ahquabi in Indianola, spent some time at Blank Park Zoo and of course at Adventureland.

Welcome to MFP! This is a good plan, it has worked for a lot of people! I personally do better when low-carbin it, so I'm following the Atkins plan for my personal WOE (way of eating.) I'm glad you found this community! There are tons of helpful people on this site! I have about 130 to lose total to get to my goal weight - well 124 now since I'm 6 pounds down this week..... Best of luck to you! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    Hi,I am from Wisconsin and i am 41 years old,Unemployed and also have Diabetes and High Chlorestrol.I have alot of weight to lose myself.I lost 11LBS already and hope to keep losing.I also have been very big when i was little.It was mostly Junk food that i ate.Add me as a friend and we will lose the weight together.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to this site. It is awesome and you will have great results
  • iowabelle
    Options
    Thank you all!

This hasn't been such a good week. I got quite sick and kapow, the eating plan gets away from me.

Will do better next week.