300th time is a charm

Options
Business owner, wife and mother. These three huge life changing experiences hit me one month after the other three years ago. My son will be three on the 25th, my daughter will be 1 on the 19th. The last three years have been extremely busy and I have packed on 55 lbs in the process.

Over the last ten years i have put on 80 lbs to my once active body. I have tried everything out there....diet pills, a dozen different work out series spending hundreds of dollars, we are on our second bowflex. No matter what i seam to try, i can only stay motivated a short time before some unexpected thing in life throws me off schedule and i lose track of my goals. The older i get the shorter amount of time it seams to take for this to happen.

I'm sure i wouldn't be exaterating to say that this is my 300th attempt in the last ten years to keep myself on track and lose the weight......although what was 5 pounds ten years ago is now 70!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand it will take me a good year and a half to hit my final goal. So here we go again.

WISH ME LUCK

Replies

• 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and Welcome to the site!!! :flowerforyou: This is a great place to meet people with the same goals as you!!!:drinker:
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Welcome you've joined the right place!
  • unc2ndrow
    Options
    Good luck! :-)
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Good luck.. think of your past attempts as learning experiences and use the knowledge you have gained from each to be successful this time. This is a great site and you will find lots of support and encouragement here. Welcome.
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    Instead of Stressing and eating due to stress,try walking or swimming if you can.Play some time of sports like kick ball with your kids or Football with your son.Good Luck.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site. Life always has some curve ball, and since this is a lifestyle change, have to figure a way to stay on track even when we are totally stressed, plus excercising helps reduce stress levels, so keep that in mind

I hope you are able to stick it out this time....goodluck
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    I had 3 babies in 3 years...I haven't given birth in 10 years and am finally serious about taking care of me. I stay active but eat too much...tired, bored, stressed, whenever. It is important to remember that when you take care of yourself and feel good about yourself you can be an even better wife and mom.
    I'll send you a friend request...friends make a big difference in my day=).
  • Hannesfit
    Hannesfit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I feel so alive this week. All the exercise and eating right feels great. I even fought through my first obstacle this morning when my son woke up in the middle of my work out. I got right back into it and finished all 45 minutes YEAH ME :)
  • smacaulay
    smacaulay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is a great site to get the support you need! I almost gave up, but the words of encouragement and advice has been priceless! Hang in there!
  • browneyedmom
    Options
    Welcome!

I love this site. It is becoming beneficial in my weight loss journey!!