Is your 'goal' a number or a look?

Options

Replies

• alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ultimate goal, is to not have my lower gut resting on my thighs when I sit. Anything after that is just cherries on top!

To not see my flabby belly sticking out farther than my boobs when I sit!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Mine is both. I want to get down to 150 or lower. I was 140 a couple of years ago, but skinny fat. Now I am fit and muscular so my final weight will be a look rather than weight. I am wearing clothes now that I wore before but 10 pounds lighter than I am now.
  • mzootie
    mzootie Posts: 133
    Options
    I think its about the number till you get close to where you think you want to be. After that its how you wanna look. I can be 185 and thin looking or 195 and mucular. Which one is better? I think the latter even though its 10lbs heavier
  • Sil_76
    Sil_76 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mines is a number :)
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Both matters to me but mainly I'm going for the look. I woukd like to get my bf% to 18% and look nakes regarless of the number on the scale
  • ERBred
    ERBred Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting forum.....I too am aiming for a number....one that is realistic for me. After that, I think how I look. But I want to keep an eye on that scale and not let it get too far ahead of what I feel comfortable with....Life happens and I want to be able to be flexible with my diet and exercise routines at times and find my happy plateau. Has anyone reached their happy plateau yet?
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    My goal is a number: 132...it is psychological for me because that was the number I was when I first got out of high school and joined the Army about ten years ago....must....reach....it....

I know my body shape is different now, but oh well.
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    A bit of both. My goal is to be around 12-13 stone. But I want to look more defined too
  • GnomeLove
    Options
    well, i messed this post up
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I would say more of a look then a number.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I definitely have a look type of goal. I have a goal SIZE in mind, which is a size 8. And from their I will hopefully tone up.
  • GnomeLove
    Options
    How many go for a look/feel rather than a number?

Going for a look and a function, a number is just an abstract data point I can use as a reference unit.

I want to look in such a way that all the womens and mens want me.

Heh. Oh, and I need to be able to fist fight a bear and win.

I often imagine fighting off a mountain lion when I run. It pumps me up.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is a number based on BMI charts because that's all doctors look at when deciding how healthy I am.
  • SkinnyGirlPending
    Options
    Mine is a number. I am very mathematical though and really doing the math is how I stay motivated. I calculate my rate of loss and what I am doing. I quite enjoy it and the challenge of getting the rate to where I want it.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    My body inspo is Salma Hayek, who is basically the perfect woman in my eyes.

salma-hayek-beauty-184020641.jpg

I have a number because the site made me pick one and it is nice to see the scale drop, but I'm more interested in how I look.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Definitely a look. I'm already down to a "normal" weight range, so it's much more about aesthetics at this point. I'd like to drop another 3-5% BF, then reevaluate at that point.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    When I first start, it was about the numbers. I even adjusted because as I got close to goal, I didn't feel that I would be at ideal. So, I adjusted it. I am now more towards look. I need to get more tone, which I know will add pounds. I will be ok with that.
  • punkiinslim
    punkiinslim Posts: 25
    Options
    Honestly, my goal is a number. I know this journey is about change and life style, but I don't think I will feel good about myself if the number on the scale does not reflect all the hard work I put in. Once I get to the number then I focus on the look. Hope that wasn't confusing.
  • geekman
    geekman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My goal is a look. If I can look in the mirror and see a slimmer, more toned version of myself, then the numbers don't really matter.
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My goal is both a look and a number,
    the number is really to get under 200 pounds.
    Being a tall lady , I think my weight distributes itself pretty well, I just have to tone up afterwards.
    But, ideally I'd love to be anywhere from 145-175 pounds, it just again, all depends on how I look and feel.
    Being healthy, full of energy and being able to jump, climb, walk and dance non-stop would be awesome! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!