how have you changed since high school?

Options

Replies

• alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I got fatter! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

High School was so long ago that I don't really remember that girl anymore. I guess I am more confident and outspoken. I got married had a kid. I am MUCH happier now. :heart:
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    i awesomed in a girls face, man she was not happy

dang, I thought all women just ate up all the awesomeness.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I was very insecure, fell "in love" with a guy simply because he paid attention to me, was friends with anyone that would take me, was very shy. etc.. Now I've learned what I actually want in a guy and in friends, i don't settle for things I don't really want. I'm more outgoing and more secure with who I am. I still have work to do in regard to my self esteem and self worth but I'm getting there.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    my chest hair is turning grey
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

what chest hair?
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am NOTHING like I was in High School, thankfully. HS sucked.

Me too!

Well let's see. Since HS I'm 65 lbs heavier (used to be more but that was before I lost 20), I'm no longer the goody two shoe I used to be...at least not to the same extent, and I actually talk to people now.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

what chest hair?

^ reasons I trimmed for this pic

I'm a gorilla IRL
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Too many ways to mention (thank god!).
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    In high school I was a size 16, very outgoing, and kind of a bad student (C's across the board usually). 11 years later I'm a size 6, really shy, and a CPA with two master's degrees. Figures!
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Quite a few ways...
    1. I care about what goes into my body! I was a vegetarian then too but I ate like crap.
    2. I care less about helping people and more about helping those who help themselves. I was spreading myself way too then back then.
    3. I have learned what I am passionate about and I do research or think before I make a decision.
    4. I'm regular hahaha
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I figured out how to identify poisonous people in my life and got rid of them. I'm a lot happier for it :flowerforyou: I didn't know what real love and respect was then, either, and now that I've finally figured THAT out it makes a lot of sense why I was so miserable before.

I'm still a quirky, introverted nerd but I learned how to embrace that. I'm also super girly now but was a huge goth back then... Ballet flats are much easier to walk around in than combat boots and my gorean collar gets less looks than the dog collar I used to wear did :blushing:

its always good to make changes to make yourself happy for you and get rid of negativity in your life, it will always make you happier and stronger
  • happywithme12
    Options
    i awesomed in a girls face, man she was not happy

LMFAO i hate it when that happens
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny...Yes, I've changed, I've gotten older, and more mature. But I am still me...I am a dork who loves to read, I am weird, I like being original....and more...I accepted who I was when I was young, and I was always told to keep standing out in a crowd. And I did...

As I have gotten older, the "popular" kids have told me that I was cool in school, and I am friends now with more of them than when I was younger. Granted, I was friends with everyone in high school, and didn't belong to a particular "group". I was just me and was friends with who I wanted to be friends with.

Now, I am still the same person- I am a dork, I make corny jokes, I have morals, and I am not afraid to stand up for those and what I love....
  • happywithme12
    Options

? you don't have any
  • happywithme12
    Options
    It's kind of funny...Yes, I've changed, I've gotten older, and more mature. But I am still me...I am a dork who loves to read, I am weird, I like being original....and more...I accepted who I was when I was young, and I was always told to keep standing out in a crowd. And I did...

As I have gotten older, the "popular" kids have told me that I was cool in school, and I am friends now with more of them than when I was younger. Granted, I was friends with everyone in high school, and didn't belong to a particular "group". I was just me and was friends with who I wanted to be friends with.

Now, I am still the same person- I am a dork, I make corny jokes, I have morals, and I am not afraid to stand up for those and what I love....

:) good for you
  • pennysaurus
    pennysaurus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was a bit obnoxious in HS and didn't really consider people's feelings so much. Ok, I was a b!tch. I'm not so bad now - I take peopke's feelings into consideration now. I am way more diplomatic.
    Also my social lfe now sucks and I have bags under my eyes. I could go on...
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    To answer your question, I have self-esteem now, and a positive attitude.

...not so much as a teen in high school.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I had no clue who I was in high school. Senior year was better because I'd had a falling out with "friends" and was finally figuring out who I really was but that was also when I started gaining weight (lots of emotional eating) so that was a blow to my self confidence. College was really when I started breaking out of my shell. I realized that was a brand new start and I could be my weird friendly chubby self and people would love me or hate me and I didn't care either way. Apparently it worked because I'm still besties with two of my closest girlfriends from those years. And they're two of my biggest supporters with my weight loss efforts. :)

Back then - I was shy, worried about what everyone thought about how I acted, what I wore, how skinny/fat I was, etc. and I was stupid boy crazy...like I had some kind of clue what love was.

Now - I care somewhat about what people think but mostly it's a matter of making sure I don't dress too weirdly (I can have an odd fashion sense) and "play the game' at work. As far as the rest of the people in my world, if they don't like me they can go pound sand. And I have found and married my true love. (I know, cheesy...can't help it)
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Graduated at 17 so lesse... I have facial hair (was peach-fuzz'n for the longest and the lumberjack switch suddenly turned on at 18y.o.), 60# heavier, 4.5" taller, feet 3 sizes bigger, definitely more outspoken and confident, MUCH wiser with money....

40 y.o. me wouldn't be able to be around 17 y.o. more than 5 min without slapping the taste out of his mouth. But I tell you what... put the mind/experience of 40 y.o. old me in the 17 y.o. me's body and watch out! I'm not saying that I'd be quite ready for world domination, but the tri-state area would definitely shudder in its boots!