Options

Replies

• kylelynette
    Options
    AWESOME !!!!!!
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am adding 'persistent stubborness' to my 'note to self on how to become a champ'.

You are awesomely inspiring! Thank you!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely amazing! Well done.
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Quote a story that was shared . People , sometimes, do not know how difficult losing weight can be. There are obstacles. The older you get, there are more obstacles: medication makes you sleepy..... old habits are established..... loved ones offer you pizza when you say you want to watch your weight..... little kids offer you chocolate...... you might hate exercise..... walking.. jogging.... never liked it.. but YOU HAVE to do it...... You think... I'll start tomorrow..... and tomorrow, and tomorrow... It is not easy. The sincere people in MFP are sometimes more helpful than people in your will. Best wishes.... and stay true .... :flowerforyou:
  • mawie228
    mawie228 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    wow your name on the site is right , you're a queen. congrats for the big success on your effort!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You rock xx

What an inspiration!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • srichardallen
    srichardallen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is incredible. You should be so proud of yourself. Congratulations!
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    200 is AMAZING!!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!! congratulations! Keep up the good work!!
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up and I'm looking forward to seeing your post once you've reached your goal! Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Incredible results! Absolutely aswesome! Keep going, girl.
  • Seabring17
    Seabring17 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Wishing you well on your continued journey. If you are looking for more friends, I would be honored to be one.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You guys are so kind :) Thank you. I really don't feel successful....yet. I was happy to finally break this barrier but I still have so far to go that it's hard for me to accept that in most people's eyes this is close to a miracle.

I just wanted to put myself out there as you never know, there may be a 644lbs lurker out there who needs to hear my story and not some BS rainbow fluff promising 200lb weight loss in 6 months. It takes a long time, and my life isn't miraculously amazing, but it has been worth it not lying in bed at night wondering if Im going to wake up.

Thanks again for cheering me on!

This hits so close to home for me. I have a family member very close to your starting weight, and we are so worried. Unfortunately, her doctor won't allow surgery until she loses 100lbs - (must be heart related). I hope she's lurking and sees your post. You are such an inspiration!
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You guys are so kind :) Thank you. I really don't feel successful....yet. I was happy to finally break this barrier but I still have so far to go that it's hard for me to accept that in most people's eyes this is close to a miracle.

I just wanted to put myself out there as you never know, there may be a 644lbs lurker out there who needs to hear my story and not some BS rainbow fluff promising 200lb weight loss in 6 months. It takes a long time, and my life isn't miraculously amazing, but it has been worth it not lying in bed at night wondering if Im going to wake up.

Thanks again for cheering me on!

This hits so close to home for me. I have a family member very close to your starting weight, and we are so worried. Unfortunately, her doctor won't allow surgery until she loses 100lbs - (must be heart related). I hope she's lurking and sees your post. You are such an inspiration!

I hope she reads it too. I was so lucky. My surgeon wanted me to lose 77lbs (odd number but in kg it was even lol) and I only managed to lose 20 by starving myself on a liquid diet. :/ My weight was a run away train at that point and I seriously saw no way out. I am soooo thankful my surgeon took a chance and still gave me a sleeve. It didn't make me thin, but it got me under the BIG 5 and put me on a more even playing field with everyone else trying to lose weight.

Is there any chance she can be admitted to hospital and put on a mandatory supervised diet? I know it's extreme, but my heart is aching for her. :( I hope she gets some help. Thinking of you and your family, I can't imagine how worried the people were around me, I was worried for my own life.

Fast forward 2.5 years and not only can I fit in a car, I can fit behind the wheel with space!!! I have independence, whereas at 644 you are quite dependent on everyone for everything.

Good luck to you and yours!
  • AquaFitQueen
    Options
    If you are interested in what I was like at the beginning, I do have a vlog on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/magentarose1978

If that link doesn't work you can look up magentarose1978 on youtube and you can get to my written blog by googling aquafitqueen :)
  • AquaFitQueen
    Options
    ok, hopefully I did this right! It's not the most recent as I am about 20lbs lighter than the last pic, but I shall update soon enough :)

ok..fail...let try AGAIN!!

c913f5d1-0f03-441a-b01a-2da23b6637fd_zps5dda3555.jpg
  • AquaFitQueen
    Options
    whew! Took 5 tries but I got it!!!
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! Your determination and attitude are paying off. You are truly an inspiration! :)
  • chaotic38
    chaotic38 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am super impressed! Your story is inspirational to me. I would be very interested in being your friend so that I can stay updated with you.
    I am, what you called, a "super sizer".
    Thanks for sharing your story.
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I think you are a hero! When I was pregnant I was close to 200 lbs and the 30lb weight gain made me feel like I was trying to hike up hill with that much weight on my back in a pack without ever having trained for it. And that was my whole body! I can't imagine adding another whole body and trying to carry that around. Just imagine how happy your heart is now not having to work so hard to supply your flesh with oxygen and take away the wastes. You are to be admired for being so perseverant and determined and enjoying what you have even though where you are is an intermediate goal. I wonder... what do you think when you hear folks less than half your size whining about being overweight? Does that annoy you or seem trivial, or do you have empathy? I know it annoys me when I hear women, in particular, who appear normal-sized, even slim, saying they need to lose weight when I can't see why. And it's heartening to hear that while your journey hasn't been easy, you keep going. I wish I would do that, too.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    This gives me hope.....you're fkn awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!