how have you changed since high school?

Options

Replies

• Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am almost twice the size I was in High School :(, I used to be called Twiggy! I am not as shy as I used to be but I am still considered shy. Can't party like I used to :(
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Got a great job making five figures a year.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    silly.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny...Yes, I've changed, I've gotten older, and more mature. But I am still me...I am a dork who loves to read, I am weird, I like being original....and more...I accepted who I was when I was young, and I was always told to keep standing out in a crowd. And I did...

As I have gotten older, the "popular" kids have told me that I was cool in school, and I am friends now with more of them than when I was younger. Granted, I was friends with everyone in high school, and didn't belong to a particular "group". I was just me and was friends with who I wanted to be friends with.

Now, I am still the same person- I am a dork, I make corny jokes, I have morals, and I am not afraid to stand up for those and what I love....

A lot of this. ^^
  • kowfred
    kowfred Posts: 19
    Options
    I have more money and worry less. Both would probably change if I went to a HS reunion.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm still incredibly fit because I have kept up with it. But, I was a dancer back then (still am now), so I was very fit and had a beautiful body. Unless you are talking younger, well then I am more grown now (and I like that). The difference is that I have more confidence now and appreciate myself more. Back then I had lower self esteem. Well, you know how it is being young, in some ways we are more comfortable taking risks and putting ourselves out there, but in other ways we are more insecure and much harder on ourselves (we don't know what we have). My husband says I am still hard on myself. But, he also says that I have what he would consider to be real self-love because it is reflected in how I take care of my health. But, whenever I see people the response is always to say, "Wow, you look exactly the same. You haven't changed. You haven't aged. It's amazing." That is a compliment!

So, yeah, I wouldn't want to go back to high school again (or anything under the age of 18). But, I would like to go back to graduation. But, with all my growth and life experience to take with me. Of course that could never happen and would never work (and no point living in the past when I have a great present). So, I'll just try to utilize my life now and not take it for granted.
  • louloulou
    louloulou Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was think the other day, 'jeez, when did I grow up so much?'. I think I am more serious now but I guess that kinda goes with growing up.

My teachers hated me at school. Now I am doing post-grad study as an adult, my teachers love me, lol.

I weigh about the same but my hair is lighter now and I have a few wrinkles starting to appear.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    High school was a long time ago, but I changed for the better:

30-40 lbs lighter
    More confident
    More accepting of others
    More accepting of weaknesses (mine and others)
    Less shy

I am not sure how much the first had to do with the rest, but I figure it played a part. I was an honor student, very smart blah blah,blah, ....... but I was arrogant. Now I realize and understand that I wasn't so damn smart after all.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    In high school I was a rebel lost soul. Got expelled freshmen year and jumped around to other schools. didnt graduate with my class either... went back to school and got my diploma :) Now i live by spiritual principles and I like myself today. as for appearance... freshmen & sophomore I was a little chubby... junior & senior I was tweaker skinny.... now I'm healthy... I want to tone up, but I can wear a crop top or a bikini and not be **TOO** ashamed.
  • LoreleiEvil
    LoreleiEvil Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My real life started the day I left that pit. I've gotten smarter, stronger, happier, and will never look back. I do not miss the person I was or those people.

25 years in 53 weeks and every day farther away is a brighter day.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Much more comfortable in my skin. Being a female math and computer geek who read feminist literature in 1971 meant you were way out of the mainstream. I couldn't flirt. Still can't. I found it didn't matter when I got into college math and science classes and I was one of only a handful of women in the class. I was awful at team sports. Still am, but I'm in far better physical shape than many other girls who did play team sports. (I went back to my 40-year reunion. Had a great time.) I parlayed my bookish geekiness into a darn good career.

It was really a great experience going back 40 years later. I was a lot more relaxed about who I was and didn't feel a need to impress anyone. When the car rental lady at the airport got her revenge after I turned down upgrades to fancier cars by issuing me a lime-green Ford Fiesta, I thought it was so funny I made a point of showing it to my classmates.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I was completely clueless about everything. I rebelled quite a bit my senior year, but was still very, very naive (grew up in a conservative family). Now I've seen a lot of the world, have experienced a lot, but I'm still quite shy and socially awkward :tongue: I'm also a lot fatter... heh
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    well, i have bi polar disorder that was not diagnosed back then, so i was unmedicated. i was a peach to be around. i'm surprised my "friends" stuck around as long as they did. high school was hard for me, i was painfully shy, but hid it by acting wild and outspoken. i did too many drugs, had too much random sex and did not treat my body well. i was at my goal weight, but didnt like my body.

now i'm married. i have good people in my life, i'm medicated, i am in such a better place mentally. the down side, is the meds and my shear laziness has gained me 100lbs, so thats no good. but that can be dealt with. everything else in my life is good, much different from the person i was 20 years ago.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm blonde,I not drunk anymore,and i'm more confident.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm thinner, my makeup skills have gotten better and I grew my eyebrows back.....actually still trying to grow them back. That's what I get for shaving them off back then. lol. Other than that, I'm still that quiet goth girl that I always was.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    More tolerant of ppl
    Street Smart
    Bit more shy now, guarded.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    not that much really.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I have more money
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Well its been about 10 years and I have gained about 10 lbs. I'm a bit more laid back in some areas and a bit less laid back in others. I still dress the same, which I should work on.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I was more outgoing back then. Now I'm not. I also never wanted kids then, here I am pregnant with my 3rd.