10 weeks, what have you lost?

Options
I've got ten weeks til my wedding, I've done really bad at losing weight, it's really embarrassing. I want to know what's the most you've lost in ten weeks, I don't care what's reasonable, I want to hear some super success stories. If I got to the gym at least four times a week, and eat really clean and low cal, I want to lose 2 stone by then (28lbs) at the least.

Replies

• ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    28lbs in 10 weeks would be...2.8lbs a week? Math is NOT my strong point haha but I'm thinking that's right?
    Depending on how much total you have to lose that can either be do-able or not do-able.

Along with your eating healthy, (Have you figured out TDEE-20%? That would probably get you the best, most sustainable results IMO) you could look into some body recomp programs, a lot of people have had really great success with the 30 Day Shred and have seen pretty fast results, just search the forums for it and there are countless threads with really great before and afters.

Good luck! Don't be too hard on yourself, it's a journey and it takes it's own timeline - not necessarily the same timeline we would like to see :P

And for your question, in 10 weeks I've lost about 7lbs (although I only started buckling down in probably the last 60 day or so...) and I'm a 5'5 female who is 24 years old and I currently weigh 145, about 20lbs away from my goal weight.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    If you have discipline problems to start with, going for a crazy goal will lead to disappointment and, I'm guessing, binging.

With discipline, 2 lb/week is doable.
  • OtherCatt
    OtherCatt Posts: 10
    Options
    I think 28 pounds in 10 weeks is very possible. I got serious about being healthy 4 weeks ago and in that time, I've lost 15 pounds. I walk 3 - 6 miles a day and go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week. Plus I stay within the nutrition limits set by MyFitnessPal plan (most of the time. lol).
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs in 10 weeks 202 - 177! I was eating on average 1600 calories of non-processed foods and going to the gym 5 days a week! Good luck!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker you only have 35 pounds to lose, so I don't think for you losing 28 of those pounds in 10 weeks is reasonable.

I have lost 31 pounds since I started MFP and that's taken me about 8 months or so.
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you have to go to the gym 7 times a week to lose 28 lbs by then. in my first 2.5 months I lost 25 lbs, I go to the gym 7 days a week, I eat clean as possible - and I had 125 total to lose. Now I'm down almost 50 in 5 months so fairly consistant 10 lbs a month for me. Good luck, but honestly you've got to have a better mindset than panicking for the wedding. To lose that much weight that quickly, you really have to commit yourself and want it more than anything else.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    28 pounds might be pushing it, but 20 is reasonable IF (and that is the big IF) you work at it HARD and are committed to it. No cheating on the diet, no goofing off at the exercise plan. Eat cleanly -- a good split between carbs/protein/fat (50/25/25 or something like that). Eat 4-6 small meals a day. Split your exercise between aerobic and weight training. Maybe 5 times a week, but be sure to allow some rest in there.

Oh, and plan a wedding. Where everyone will want to be taking you out to eat and bridal showers and the like. THAT is where it will be really hard. You can treat yourself once in a while, but be careful not to overdo it.

I did close to that -- I lost 27 in 10 weeks. But I was strict. 1300 calories a day. Worked with my personal trainer 3 days a week. In the gym another 3 times my self. No treat days at all. EVER. Eating 5 or 6 times a day, each meal 200-300 calories. Planned almost with military precision.

Are you willing to do that for your wedding? Or will you be happy to lose a few pounds to look a bit better, knowing your fiancee (and soon to be husband) loves you, and it really doesn't make much difference to him at all? Have you had your final fitting for your wedding gown and will losing a lot of weight make your wedding gown not fit? Just some things for you to think about.

Good luck with the weight loss. And congratulations on the upcoming marriage. May you and your future husband be happy together for many years to come.
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I lost 18.4 lbs in the first ten weeks of my diet and that was without exercising [other than a slow stroll to work and back].
  • MikeBrusiaHart
    Options
    have you toned up at all because muscle weighs more then fat so if your in the gym running biking ect. you will tone up but will weigh more that's why u need to a few different test easiest way is to measure your arms and keep track of the areas like chest stomach hips upper arm wrist quad and see if they change only an opinion and best of luck
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I've got ten weeks til my wedding, I've done really bad at losing weight, it's really embarrassing. I want to know what's the most you've lost in ten weeks, I don't care what's reasonable, I want to hear some super success stories. If I got to the gym at least four times a week, and eat really clean and low cal, I want to lose 2 stone by then (28lbs) at the least.

I started to post some sums starting with a pound = 3500 kcals, but I stopped.

You are getting married in a couple of months, darling. Married! This is not your senior dance, or your graduation dinner. It is not about how you look, or how smart you are. You are celebrating your love. I hesitate to type it doesn't matter what you look like, but I will say this is a time to enjoy, not a time to kill yourself at the gym.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if I killed your thread. I wish you all the best.
  • Tabytha13
    Tabytha13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 13lbs lighter than I was 10 weeks ago and my Bust, Waist, Hips measurements are smaller too but it's not just about weight, it's about how you feel...

It's been said already but setting yourself dramatic targets can only lead to self loathing & if you're anything like me, emotional eating (and/or drinking)

Remember it's your day!! Everyone at your wedding is there for you! They love you just the way you are :)
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Monday will be 9 weeks...My profile pic is the difference in 7 weeks. I've lost 7 lbs in 9 weeks but have firmed up a bunch...Drink a ton of water!!