Not new but restarting...

Options
Sarabeth5
Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
I posted this on my "wall". Thought I'd re-post here as well :smile:

I don't post here much but today I was checking out the message boards and someone posted her 60+ lb loss after 6 months. I've been logging in every day now for exactly 6 months and I weigh exactly the same as I did on 1/1/13. Admittedly I have not been putting in the effort but I had this epiphany... Had I put in the effort I could be at my goal weight right now. So, there it is. No more bashing myself for not doing the work. The past is behind me and I'm ready to look ahead and start treating myself well. Got a brand new Polar FT4 ordered, Hip Hop Abs (Shaun T is yummy) on the way, C25K app on my phone and the treadmill possitioned in front of the TV. Kitchen is stocked with clean healthy food. I'm ready to do this!!! Who's with me?

Replies

• nyqueensguy
    nyqueensguy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    wow you are serious! now all you need to do is eat less! I have the same problem!!!
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Excellent - you sound really pumped up. Now you just have to keep that level of focus and you'll be laughing. With the help of people on here especially, you'll be able to do it!
  • Sarabeth5
    Options
    wow you are serious! now all you need to do is eat less!

I know!!! :grumble: And that is the hardest part! But, We'll do it!! :bigsmile:
  • madacali
    madacali Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on the second week of C25k. It's a good program. Good luck to you and I know you can do it. Friend request sent to you.
  • shannonespinoza
    Options
    Good luck Sarabeth! You can do it!
  • Evelyn2050
    Evelyn2050 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    you got this one! :)
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Where ever your mind goes your body will follow. If you truly believe that you can and will loose extra weight you can. It has only been 4 months since I set my mind to truly eating healthy and almost 40 lbs later I am still as committed as I was back on day 1. There maybe hard days ahead but you can get through them if you really want to. Congrats on having the mindset.
  • Sarabeth5
    Options
    Where ever your mind goes your body will follow. If you truly believe that you can and will loose extra weight you can. It has only been 4 months since I set my mind to truly eating healthy and almost 40 lbs later I am still as committed as I was back on day 1. There maybe hard days ahead but you can get through them if you really want to. Congrats on having the mindset.

Thanks for this! Will you be my friend? :flowerforyou: Request sent.
  • NotMika
    NotMika Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    "Had I put in the effort I could be at my goal weight right now."

I get this feeling all the time. I feel like all the excuses I've made are so pointless, and I wish I had just gutted up for a few damn months.
  • Sarabeth5
    Options
    I get this feeling all the time. I feel like all the excuses I've made are so pointless, and I wish I had just gutted up for a few damn months.

EXACTLY! I feel like I've wasted so much time. But enough crying over spilled milk... can't change the past. Here's to a better tomorrow! :drinker:
  • nyqueensguy
    nyqueensguy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well, its good to see I'm in good company. I certainly can relate to 'enough wasted time'!!! Im on track so far but I honestly could do better. Still overeating by a little last three days. Today I am going to eat less than I'm allowed by a little and try just eating real healthy and nutritious. NO SUGAR!!!