Core Exercise..

Options
Colliex3
Colliex3 Posts: 328 Member
I've recently started strength training and im walking 1-2 miles every night. I want to work my whole body and I dont know what to do for my core. I cant really do crunches or sit ups because of an injury when I was younger(knocked a vertebra out of place) , so is there any thing else that is good to do?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Have you tried leg raises?
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Try the blogilates.com videos for pooch, lower belly, abs, obliques, stomach fat, etc. Also at youtube, check the Befit channel they post videos every wek and have all types. you can do planks, scissors, the one where you lift your legs up and hands and meet in the middle on the air, reverse crunches, etc.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Actually push-ups work your core... holding the plank position works wonders.
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If I had knocked one of my vertebra out of alignment, I'd be sure to consult a doctor/physiotherapist/personal trainer before I did ANYTHING and would not be collecting bro-science to decide what to do.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    If I had knocked one of my vertebra out of alignment, I'd be sure to consult a doctor/physiotherapist/personal trainer before I did ANYTHING and would not be collecting bro-science to decide what to do.

i... what?? where is there bro-science in this thread?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

i... what?? where is there bro-science in this thread?

For a minute, I thought I clicked in the "am I overreacting" thread.

I'm assuming OP has seen a doctor and physical therapist seeing as this is an old injury.